Sand, Grit, Etc

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE (borgqueenx)
and if there's no one on the beach you can always plug in your 3g usb stick, and goto some bikini sites...or better.
Explaining a joke ruins it, but explaining a joke without even realizing that you're missing a joke somehow makes it better.

and if there's no one on the beach you can always play with your joystick.
Or your nub, as the case may be.
Why in gods name would you be at a beach looking at your pandora when you could be wearing mirrored shades and watching all the bikini clad ladies?
Why would you want to look at bikini-clad ladies when you have a perfectly good Pandora? Come on! The point of a portable device is that you can do both!

Design's a bit different I suppose, but I used my GP2X constantly outside in the desert for about a year with not much trouble. Had a MK1, so I had to blow the sand out from under the joystick occasionally with some canned air... I would have killed to be at the beach instead of in the middle of the desert though. :p

I assume that when they fall in something wet, it's a puddle or maybe a sink, but not the fucking ocean

I assume that when they fall in something wet, it's a puddle or maybe a sink, but not the fucking ocean
Well that's what accidentally happened to my camera :s
somebody kicked my backpack and my camera fell into the water.

i found it between some rocks after 10 minutes of searching.
Then at home i tried to fix it but yeah salt water and electronics don't mix.

salt water? Where exactly do you want to use the pandora? in the ocean?
The air near the ocean is quite rich in salt moisture, even if you don't actually drop your pandora in the water. Somebody even suggested washing hands (from sand) in the ocean before handling pandora, bringing even more salt water on it.

Thats flawed logic at best, you make the assumption that the world has a homogeneous covering of ocean and land.

on the latest mobile gadget and risk not getting it damaged, Stolen or worse, On what is probably one of the worst places to take such a device.
Honestly, Don`t do it. Just leave it in the hotel room and take a cheap mp3 player with you to the beach.

Anyway, I thought beaches were for sunbathing, Swimming, Volley ball and other such activities ?. :blink:

Trooper

Just do like the Australians do put it in a shoe. Conversely, if you want a free Pandora, just start stealing shoes at the beach. Eventually you'll get one, or enough wallets and watches to pay for one outright.

2/3rds of the Earth's surface is fucking ocean. Therefore, when you drop something, it has a 66% chance of falling into it.
Statistically speaking, that's absolutely correct. Alert the Pandora team, we need to make it salt-waterproof.

But the Pandora is normally above sea level, and there is typically 0% ocean at 2+ feet above sea level, where we expect most Pandora use will occur.

Atmospheric moisture is probably our biggest concern.

Back