Rlyeh

Personally, I'm kind of disappointed with how he announced things. It was sort of like, "Well, hey, just you all wait for fNES, fPCE, fMAME, fThis, fThat." Then he kind of disappeared. I really think he should have kept a lot of those projects in the bag if he had intentions to leave the scene.

hey don't turn this thread into a rant, don't forget what these guys have already done for us out of the goodness of their heart.

It'll happen..!

as long as his relationship with the community dosent crumble in a hate filled rage I'm sure he'd pass on the code to someone else in the community... but not untill he chooses to end his connection which it dosent seem like he's ready to do.

If he gets tired of the Z scene after a while either from annoying beuracracy or annoying people in the community, then he might come back full time but I also think the same goes for use if we piss him off, so don't push to hard but let him know we're still here and hoping to see his projects completed.

Posted: Mar 3 2004, 02:24 PM

From Rico: "I recently spoke to him, he is still working on GP32 (as Hando said) but has nothing planned in the neat future for release :| ... but he DOES intend to release more f* for the GP32."

I would wait to the competition. Also Loridan was working on making an ASM Core for a Genesis emulator (discussed in a previous thread). Thats the current point we're at. Genesis needs ASM in order to get sound and increased speed and compatibility.

He may not post every five seconds like some of us do, but he's still GP32 through and through :)

Got an email from him today, hes busy ;) hes got to have a life after all. :D

Still, dont panic people. fGB32, fSMS32, fCOL32 and fMSX32 are all as good as it gets (in my books anyway). And do we desperately need fPCE32, fZX32, fWS32 and fNES32?

After all, we have the excellent GPEngine, the combination of Speccyal/ZXGP32, WonderBoi32 and LittleJohnGP32. So we can wait and be patient should Rlyeh see fit to do his own emus for these platforms.

Similiarly, in regards to fMAME32 and fNGP32 we now thankfully have Mr Mirko dealing with the former via gMAME and ThunderZ hopefully will come back to NeoGP32.

Still...it would be a shame if neither fCPC32 or fGEN32 got a official release as theres no alternative to these two. :(

fGB32, fSMS32, fCOL32 and fMSX32 are all as good as it gets
i agree....

And do we desperately need fPCE32, fZX32, fWS32 and fNES32
i sort of agree...fWS32 would be nice...the wonder swan emu only play's on a small screen...(it has border's)..

Still...it would be a shame if neither fCPC32 or fGEN32 got a official release as theres no alternative to these two.
so how about he give's us an update to let us know how it's going...
it's hard for me to take in what's going on if one person say's "he's only working on the zodiac"
and the next person say's "he's still working on them"
would it be possible for someone who know's him personally,to get him to post on the main page to let the gp32 communite whta's going on....
cheer's.

I have to assume he's probably too busy or he would have posted here himself more often. If his job is really so time consuming he might have gone month without coding anything on them and it would suck if he just chimed in to say:

"I finished typing the word 'THE' on the menu screen! More news this fall!"

Alpha2 posted on Mar 17 2004 at 11:09 PM said:
I have to assume he's probably too busy or he would have posted here himself more often. If his job is really so time consuming he might have gone month without coding anything on them and it would suck if he just chimed in to say:

"I finished typing the word 'THE' on the menu screen! More news this fall!"
It's much better than getting nothing. At least we would know then that he didn't die at his computer 3 months ago and left IRC on :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back