Whatever Happened To Rlyeh?

Epicenter posted on Aug 22 2006 at 11:49 PM said:
What emulators were these?

Rlyeh was repsonsible for a series of amazing emus on the GP32 for most consoles, including fGB, fMSX, fZX, fGen, etc etc. They had a standard menu and config, which is one of the best I've ever seen. He makes sure his emus are nigh on perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Aug 22 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
Err... speaking of prodding, do you have any proof of concept of your project at all?

Yes. But due to interest from a commercial publisher I'm withholding promotional materials at their request until we hammer out an exact arrangement and it's cleared. We are still planning a free demo. :)

Epicenter posted on Aug 22 2006 at 08:33 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Aug 22 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
Err... speaking of prodding, do you have any proof of concept of your project at all?

Yes. But due to interest from a commercial publisher I'm withholding promotional materials at their request until we hammer out an exact arrangement and it's cleared. We are still planning a free demo. :)

Aww I thought it was going to be free =(

i heard ryleh went on a great big adventure to unknown land to learn more coding. I am sure ryleh is very much dedicated to the gp2x.

Shikaku posted on Aug 22 2006 at 09:34 PM said:
Epicenter posted on Aug 22 2006 at 09:16 PM said:
I always said it'd be commercial with a free demo .. *shrug*

I've never even heard you say the word commercial on these forums before.
qft

Maybe he went to India with nothing but his gp2x, a broken compass and a pair of shorts... he will seek an assembly guru there to teach him the zen art of machine coding :ph34r:

EDIT: I just realized that the art of zen is indeed not an Indian practise... let's make it gp2x kamasutra then. Yeah that sounds good. The body and soul of man and machine intertwined. Kinda reminds me of knight rider... whatever, don't listen to me, I am bored!

Yeah its a shame that these never came out on the GP2X, Ryleh was i think the best coder for the GP32, loved his emulators and they ran very well. Would love to see those ones out on the GP2X, obviously he has other priorities etc fair enough, just his 'fans' would love to see this happen !

Hopefully one day but either way i'm so happy i have them on the GP32 still.

Shikaku posted on Aug 23 2006 at 02:34 AM said:
Epicenter posted on Aug 22 2006 at 09:16 PM said:
I always said it'd be commercial with a free demo .. *shrug*

I've never even heard you say the word commercial on these forums before.

maybe he said "for sale" or "you giv us monies we give you game"

You've got to remember that this stuff is done in our spare time for free, if anything comes up from Real Life then we have to drop it. Plus a lot of us (i'm one of the worst) have the magpie effect built in, and we'll go to the next shiny bit of code at the drop of a hat :D

That said, at least the GP2X community seems to realise what getting stuff for free means, some of the other systems i've been involved in have members that assume it's there god given right to get new stuff.

Back