RIOT Tag-Team coding competition

foxblock

Asleep
logo_160_black.png

Announcement

u9i (on gp32x.de) has decided to organize a cross-platform coding competition for our favorite handhelds. Of course, every competition must have some conditions, and this one requires you to team up with one or more of your fellow members to produce a game. He hopes this will bring people together and spur collaboration across platforms and professions.

Genre

There is no limit to genre, but it has to be a game, new and original, so no ports or emulators.

Platforms

You can submit a game for the following platforms: Pandora, Caanoo, Wiz, Dingux. You can also submit your game for several of the platforms.

Prizes

He has put up 100 Euro to the winner and hopes you will donate more to the prize pool, so prizes for 2nd-4th place can be provided as well. The prize pool is common between the platforms.

Submitting

You have to submit by the end of 25th June 2011. Details on how to submit will be posted on the website later.

Voting

Members of the communities will rank their favourite games, and this will be used to determine the winner.

After the submission deadline, all games will be made available for download, and members of the community can rank their favourites until end of 8th July 2011.

Winner

The winners will be announced 10th July 2011 and will receive their prize on 17th July 2011.

More info

For more help getting started, please visit www.riotdigital.com. Also, you can post request for team members on the gp32x.de Job Office

Good luck to everyone :)

PS: Yeah this has been a copy-pasted announcement, I apologize...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't code, looking into making sprites and such. But I have a good idea for an addictive strategy game that has done well on iOS and Andoid and pretty much every other platform

Looking for a team mate.

Pretty newb at C++ and SDL but picking it up quickly and have already got a very basic game engine sorted from the last competition.

If you're better at progging I'll take a more backseat with sprites, story boarding and knocking up scenes whilst also helping with code every now and again....or if you're just looking to do sprites, and story boarding I'll lead on the progging.

PM me and we'll discuss :)

I'm going to sit this one out, too much other stuff going on, but I'll cheer!

I just used google translate when I posted about the angst compo on there.
Surely that's only a second-best, though. I know there are people from GP32 Spain who come here, I have just forgonnten who they are.

I thought it was a nice gesture actually. Being the guy running the compo showing up on their turf making an effort etc..

I just used google translate when I posted about the angst compo on there.

Hmm, I dunno what's better posting a google translate (would look sloppy in my eyes) or just the English original with an apology note (less offensive, maybe). Best case obviously would be someone to translate...

Well we will see, by the end of the day the posting will have been made.

^ Good point. EDIT: meant for THB, though it applies to foxblock too.

Hi everyone

I have tried to post on the Spanish forum this morning before work. I did manage to log in and find the correct forum (i think), but could not post because i am not allowed to post pictures nor links before reaching a post-count of 10. And although the picture might not be important, a link to the competition website is essential.

Could someone help me with this? Does anyone know who i can contact, or does anyone have more then 10 posts on the www.gp32spain.com? And any volunteer to translate it to Spanish would also be appreciated. I cannot entertain anyone with Spanish long enough to reach 10 posts hehe.

I'm glad we're getting such positive feedback. I hope this will be an awesome competition.

/Uni, aka u9, and on "web2.0": u9i

Now that I have my pandora I'd be tempted to enter this. I can program C and C++ and had some experience with SDL but I'm not too hot on graphics and level design. If anyone wants to team up to offer some graphics or design to go along with my programming, or even another programmer to create a doubly good engine with mediocre graphics then let me know!

Hi everyone

I have tried to post on the Spanish forum this morning before work. I did manage to log in and find the correct forum (i think), but could not post because i am not allowed to post pictures nor links before reaching a post-count of 10. And although the picture might not be important, a link to the competition website is essential.

Could someone help me with this? Does anyone know who i can contact, or does anyone have more then 10 posts on the www.gp32spain.com? And any volunteer to translate it to Spanish would also be appreciated. I cannot entertain anyone with Spanish long enough to reach 10 posts hehe.

I'm glad we're getting such positive feedback. I hope this will be an awesome competition.

/Uni, aka u9, and on "web2.0": u9i
Failing anyone who actually has "native" Spanish... I could help translate, my wife's Chilean you see.

Failing anyone who actually has "native" Spanish... I could help translate, my wife's Chilean you see.

Oh crap, how the hell could I forget that :eek: Not being able to see the wood for the trees, sorry...

Anyway, if you could translate this announcement and send it to Uni, that would be great :) http://www.gp32x.de...ng-competition/ (maybe leave that part with the gp32x job office out).

Back