RIOT Tag-Team coding competition

Another sponsor has been found: Dingoo Digital USA

They throw in two brand new Dingoo model A380.

Also Uni raised the question whether the devs would like to have an one-time, additional 2 weeks extension to get some more polish on their games.

That would move the submission deadline back to the 9th of July, the voting deadline to the 17th of July and the prize ceremony to the 31st of July.

Source

Feel free to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to comment.

utter bollocks :)

i'm strongly on the side of don't piss around with the rules though, so feel free to ignore it, not making any progress on what i was preparing anyway

(extending the deadline seems a lot like favouritism of certain teams that may need extra time to finish a game, it should never be done for that reason)

utter bollocks :)

i'm strongly on the side of don't piss around with the rules though, so feel free to ignore it, not making any progress on what i was preparing anyway

(extending the deadline seems a lot like favouritism of certain teams that may need extra time to finish a game, it should never be done for that reason)

Yes I noticed that.

But let's see it from a developers point of view. More time is always greatly appreciated, I doubt any team is already perfectly finished with their project or would be on the original deadline and having some additional weeks to either finish up your project (which you else would have submitted half-done) or get some additional content or polish in is good to be able to submit a project you deem perfect.

Now from the consumer point of view. You have to wait longer for your game, but also might get a more polished product or more content, that seems like something good.

Which team(s) would be favoured by this rule or rather which team(s) would not benefit from it, care to explain?

Which team(s) would be favoured by this rule or rather which team(s) would not benefit from it, care to explain?

no, as i'm not a complete dick :D

more time is always nice to devs, especially when there's lots to do, but you shouldn't do anythign that might give an edge to any one person, or otherwise change the rules once they've been set out, most people seem to be fine with everything constantly changing, but it's not exactly very professional, if you're organising something and keep changing the details, it's just bad planning

but enough from me, too busy to get involved in an indepth debate, especially on the net

no, as i'm not a complete dick :D

more time is always nice to devs, especially when there's lots to do, but you shouldn't do anythign that might give an edge to any one person, or otherwise change the rules once they've been set out, most people seem to be fine with everything constantly changing, but it's not exactly very professional, if you're organising something and keep changing the details, it's just bad planning

but enough from me, too busy to get involved in an indepth debate, especially on the net
Well sorry, I don't see a specific team getting a boost or weakening through this.

Also this is not bad planning by the competition, it merely is an offer to the devs to get out a better result eventually, which is quite the contrary as it suggests a flexible planning responding to the "needs" of the developers taking part.

[...]extending the deadline seems a lot like favouritism of certain teams that may need extra time to finish a game[...]

[...]but you shouldn't do anything that might give an edge to any one person[...]

Hi gfrancisdev. The reason for offering an extension on the deadline is because I could use the time myself to finish the upload and voting system for the competition. Also, I feel the games will get that extra polish which sometimes gets lost when one's in a hurry.

This is entirely up to the devs. I am offering it because IRL I feel I can squeeze two extra weeks out before I'm having a baby myself :D PokeParadox already had the pleasure. I'm sure he could use the extra time now ;)

Anyway, if any team at all dislikes the idea I will can it. If everyone thinks it is a nice idea, then everyone will benefit.

/Uni

If two extra weeks leads to more polish, then sure, why not. If the devs tell us what they couldn't have done without those two weeks, that'd be even better.

Just reminding all participating developers that the deadline is met tomorrow at midnight, Sunday the 10th of July 2011 23:59 (GMT), sleep is overrated so finish your games ;)

You can submit your game here: http://www.riotdigital.com/ttcc2011/?page=Submit

The donation pool also reached 580 Euro lately, adding the non-cash prizes makes over 1000 Euro!

The prizes will be split amongst the six best scoring entries (determined by the community).

The voting system also got changed slightly allowing every user to submit a ranked list of four games he likes best, which will then be weighted accordingly (how exactly will be disclosed after the competition is over to eliminate the chance of skewing the poll deliberately).

So on Monday you will be able to play all those promising projects (and vote on them), if you need to take a look again on what may await you go here: http://www.riotdigital.com/ttcc2011/?page=Blog

All participating developers I wish the best of luck and all players have fun!

Well hey, I don't organize the competition. For all I know there could be a day or two of red tape.

Well hey, I don't organize the competition. For all I know there could be a day or two of red tape.

Well for one I already wrote Monday in my post before your first one (and not supplying a date kinda implies "next Monday").

Second of all, all dates can be checked on the website, which I linked twice.

Bottom line, read before you post, I don't like to repeat myself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back