Revolution On The 19th? Theories Inside

Nova posted on May 19 2005 at 07:06 PM said:
he's a bit paranoid.
He's completely right though. Nintendo show the first analogue stick at E3: out comes the dual shock. Ninty show the first rumble pack: out comes the dual shock. Ninty bring out Wavebird: PS3 and Xbox 360 become wireless. See a trend here?

Last edited by a moderator:
only in what i would call logical progression though, none of these are ground breaking ideas, the only innovative one would be the analogue stick but if ninty hadn't of done it someone else would of!

mr twit posted on May 19 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
he's a bit paranoid.
He's completely right though. Nintendo show the first analogue stick at E3: out comes the dual shock. Ninty show the first rumble pack: out comes the dual shock. Ninty bring out Wavebird: PS3 and Xbox 360 become wireless. See a trend here?

and we all know about the vibration controller fiasco dont we now?

Oh btw I watched that Reggie thing, wasn't that special.

I posted this on another forum, and in the space of a day and half it's recieved 45,000 views and over 2000 replies...wow.

mr twit posted on May 19 2005 at 03:25 PM said:
he's a bit paranoid.

First of all, while I've heard of it before, what the heck is a wavebird? Secondly, wireless controllers are NOT new. Nintendo might have been the first company to implement them, as there were wireless NES controllers, but nobody really "stole" that idea...

Aside from that, perhaps nintendo did come up with those ideas first, but in my opinion, the dual shock improves on both of them. The N64(i'm guessing that's what you're referring to because that's the first thing with an analog stick) only has one analog stick, and if I remember correctly, it doesn't have a full range of motion. The 2 on the PS2 controller do. The rumble pack was an add-on... an accessory... You had to go buy something and shove it in your controller to make it vibrate... the dual shock already vibrates without buying an accessory... and while you'd have to buy a completely new controller, that's all you have to buy if you want more than one. With N64 and their rumble pack, you have to buy the controller AND the rumble pack... Personally, I don't see why the vibrating effect ever caught on anyway... I thought it was stupid back then when I first saw it, and I still think it's stupid. Whenever given the option, I shut it off in games. I never really liked analog sticks either. I only use them when I'm forced to, like in First-Person shooters, and with those games, I'd MUCH rather use a keyboard and mouse. In any other kind of game though, anything that the analog stick can do is just as easily accomplished with a simple D-pad.

Besides... The PS3 and the X-box 360(alright, maybe not the PS3, but definitely the X-box 360... They're not gonna halt production and go back to the drawing boards a few months before it's supposed to launch... that would keep them from being first, or at least close the gap a little... fans will be pissed, and they know that. They won't do it) are pretty much as good as made. I highly doubt Microsoft will make a last second decision to make some huge alteration, if nintendo's new system will really be that ground-breakingly innovative. By the time they actually get a chance to replicate it, Nintendo's new system will already be out. And if they want to be secretive about it, then why would they put out a video like that at all? That kind of gives away what they're doing, if they really are doing it... and even though it is really well done in terms of how good the CG quality is, Nintendo know their own characters well enough to not make Mario look like Luigi in Mario's clothing... He's not tall and skinny with a little belly... He's shorter and fatter than he shows up in that video. Take a look, that's NOT Mario, unless he's gone on a diet... and judging by the short video clips of mario baseball, DDR Mario Mix, and whatever the other Mario game that I have absolutely no interest in, he hasn't...

The wavebird works so well!

Ninty have every justification to be worried that the others might steal their ideas.

Old ideas can come back new...Or am I not in a retro forum....

I'm getting the impression that they're releasing to consoles...the headgear...vb mark2 and the revolution, home games console.

i'm pretty sure nintendo WASN"T the first company to use wireless controllers, the NES might have been the first system, but the controllers were not from Nintendo, they were from a 3rd party.

I just read abut it in this months retro gamer, forgot what it said though :blink:

Too ill to go read it again..... :(

I think you guys were missing my main point. If all Sony and Microsoft wanted to do was steal Nintendo's ideas, they wouldn't even have systems developed yet. Nintendo has told us next to nothing, yet the PS3 and X-box 360 are coming along nicely as far as development is concerned... and unless Nintendo's "innovation" isn't as big as they're leading us to believe with all this secrecy, they have no reason to not let us know what's going on now... Sony isn't going to halt the PS3 and start working on a new virtual reality helmet(or WHATEVER the hell Nintendo's really making). So either they're full of shit, have no real innovation(or it's a very small minute thing that doesn't even matter... or even a gimmick, which is highly likely), or they're just paranoid. If their idea is that great, it'll eventually be copied anyway.

well, being that the Revolution is supposed to be released over a year after the XBOX 360 and i think like 5 months after the PS3 is released. The XBOX and PS3 are going to have a considerable jump and the only thing nintendo has said it is going to release is 221 old games, where are the next gen games? The vast majority of people that are interested in the next generation of systems are going to want to play next generation games, not the old games.

I personally think nintendo is making a big mistake with everything they are doing with the revolution up to this point. There's no reason for secrecy on this level, there's virtually nothing on the next gen of nintendo games just old games, and to try to beat XBOX and PS3 in a console war being released so long after the other 2 is going to be very hard, especially if the Revolution ends up being nothing but ordinary.

I kinda agree! They are readying themsleves for one big fall!

I still love the idea of a downloadable back catalogue though....

Back