Release [REPO] PanMAME - 0.106.1.12 - Update

The only thing I don't get...

The picture up top shows the menu screen and a demo of the game the selector is on.

MY PanMAME does not do that.  I just have a blank screen where that demo is.
Do you ever read the description on the repo for an app?

Those previews of the game are little videos in mpng format. You can download them here:

http://www.mamechannel.it/pages/crashtest.php

I have no clue why certain roms won't show up...

Some people say that they do if you boot the Pandora with the old kernel.
First, mcobit, I am going to thank you for the information.

Second, I am going to choose not to react to your tone - but I AM going to call you out on it.

I hope some fair-minded people here will show me some support, and agree that the sarcastic tone was uncalled for, mcobit - and it is just this sort of sarcastic tone that can cause the sort of problems I have had on this Board - and I'm pretty sure I am not alone.

I am going to suggest, for the future...if you post something...first think about how you'd like it if someone posted exactly that same thing to YOU.

I did NOT appreciate your sarcastic tone, mcobit.  But I do appreciate the information.

Ah. Btw, if someone else posted this to me, I I think I would smack my forehead on the keyboard or alternatively against a nearby wall and apologize for not seeing the obvious like I did already a few times :)

Well, we are all different people. Also please don't interpret my posts as sarcastic too early. You know, this is not my first language I am posting in.

Let's see how much I can interprete in to a post you do in german ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, mcobit.

I can tell you, though, to an American, "Do you ever read the description on the repo for an app?"

is very nasty and sarcastic.  It's basically as if you are calling someone stupid for not seeing what they should have seen.

And it isn't realy too very obvious on the Repo, you have to read down a bit to find it.  Now, I dunno about other cultures much, but I do know Americans...when we see a lot of blah, blah type, we tend to ignore it.  It's like these godawful EULA's...we don't freaking read them...we check the box that says we did and move on.

If one of those EULA's said we gave up rights to our first-born son, we'd never even notice it.

Now, as to German.  Well, outside of "blitzkreig" "Gruss Gott" "danke schoen" and "gesundheit" I know nothing in German.  And I'm not even sure I spelled those right.

So, yeah, you'd have a lot of trouble if I started typing in German.  I'd most likely type in English and feed it to Babel Fish to get the German.

So there's a lesson for everyone here...we should be sensitive, if possible, to how things sound to people in other cultures...since this is an international board.  We should also not be too quick to take offense, as none may have been intended - however language/cultural differences can create one where none was intended.

I am going to choose to believe none was intended, then, mcobit.  But you should bear in mind that the way you said what you did...would be taken offensively by most Americans...as basically telling them they were stupid.

Hmm being American myself,  I never notice any sarcasm in his repo messages.. Although my proximity to Canada may make a difference.. who knows.

I have no clue why certain roms won't show up...
Some people say that they do if you boot the Pandora with the old kernel.
Well, that is strange.. code can work in mysterious ways.. 

Was thinking about trying the rom from terminal to provide you more details. Just wanted to mount the pnd and execute the binary within it. But unfortunately couldn't even mount the pnd. Probably doing something terribly wrong. Will try again later after reading some more about the wonderful world of pnd's and mounting the bastards.  

Hmm being American myself,  I never notice any sarcasm in his repo messages.. Although my proximity to Canada may make a difference.. who knows.
Sarcasm is probably not quite the right word anyway...outright meanness and cruelty is closer to the truth of it.

But, as mcobit claims he meant nothing by it...and as it is possibly a cultural thing - tone does not carry well on the Internet...

But what he said was: Do you ever read the description on the repo for an app?

And how that comes across, at least for me is:  What a moron, don't you like EVER read any sort of instructions??

Again, tone doesn't carry well on the Internet, hence the creation of emoticons, to indicate to people when you are kidding and when you are serious.

At any rate...that was how I originally percieved his words.  That is how they came across to me.

But it is over and done with.  It was a miscommunication.  Can we drop this?

Hey, now this is really cool, having the game previews and stuff!

I actually went in and altered the .zip files to drop those games I don't actually have or want...so that the files would take up less room.

The only problem is this...and it may be something that can be addressed within PanMAME, or not.

The demo cycles thru the video loop...but the sound does not loop.  When it goes to the beginning of the video again, it defaults to the default background music.

Likewise, with games that have a video file but nbo sound file, it defaults to the default background music.

Not a huge issue, but it would be fun if the sound looped as the video loops.

I think there is a switch for that in the configfile somewhere.

The intention behind this might be to simulate an arcade machine, that plays sound in its attract mode, then blinks "insert coin" in silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
The configfile?

Where would I go to find it?

Sorry, but I know next to nothing about coding.

As I said once before, I know more about 4th centruy Mongolian warlords than I do about coding, LOL

In the panmamhe appdata folder is a hidden folder called .advance in this you will fibd a file called advmenu.rc or something like that.

Open it and ceck the options.

In the panmamhe appdata folder is a hidden folder called .advance in this you will fibd a file called advmenu.rc or something like that.

Open it and ceck the options.
I found the file.  There's one called advmame.rc and one called advmenu.rc

I opened both files and looked, but am not quite sure what I am looking for or what I should change in order to get the demo sound to loop instead of goping to the default bg music for PanMAME.

Anyone with more knowledge than me...have a look at the files and tell me which file I want, and what line...and what to change it to?

Please help me translate.  My Greek is a bit rusty.

what's up with singleloop.

I don't understand what the devil I'm actually looking at.  Why would they call it loop if it doesn't loop??

This is just plain weird.

It controls looping of the video, not the audio as it seems.

This section contains the options for the sounds that are played in the menu and don't have anything to do with the sound of the videoclips.

The descriptions are more than obvious imho.

The descriptions are more than obvious imho.
Careful! You're straying into insult territory there :) And Kumaki's a very touchy guy indeed! And we just know he doesn't bother to read anything because he's american :)

D.

Back