Remove The "screen Protector"?

hannanshah posted on Feb 15 2006 at 12:37 AM said:
I just got my GP2X and fitted my screen. Stupid hair right in the centre. Got a small screw driver and used it to pull the screen a bit and used the screwdriver to slide the hair out (didn't fully open the screen!). Put it back on, another small bit of dust right in the centre! Pulled it back and used a tissue to basically slide any dust towards the side and pull any hairs out. There might be one or two small specks left but they're not noticeable so I won't bother now. Reminds of the Afterburner install! Very stupid idea to make the customer install the screen!

Some tissue shreds easily on contact with surfaces so could make matters worse (not dissing your idea, just made that mistake previously when fixing a screen protector to the bairn's DS).

A dvd or cd polishing cloth brings the screen on my pocket pc up a treat (still saving for a GP2X so it has to do meantime) without scratching or leaving dust behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
reallynotnick: Open it up, it's no big deal. I had to open mine to get out some dust ... just use some canned air ... and be careful not to get any liquid in the air stream :)

Jetsetwilly posted on Feb 14 2006 at 11:42 PM said:
hannanshah posted on Feb 15 2006 at 12:37 AM said:
I just got my GP2X and fitted my screen. Stupid hair right in the centre. Got a small screw driver and used it to pull the screen a bit and used the screwdriver to slide the hair out (didn't fully open the screen!). Put it back on, another small bit of dust right in the centre! Pulled it back and used a tissue to basically slide any dust towards the side and pull any hairs out. There might be one or two small specks left but they're not noticeable so I won't bother now. Reminds of the Afterburner install! Very stupid idea to make the customer install the screen!

Some tissue shreds easily on contact with surfaces so could make matters worse (not dissing your idea, just made that mistake previously when fixing a screen protector to the bairn's DS).

A dvd or cd polishing cloth brings the screen on my pocket pc up a treat (still saving for a GP2X so it has to do meantime) without scratching or leaving dust behind.

Well use some quality tissues then! Those free ones from McDonalds should do the job! :lol:

EEK! Those things are really scratchy, you sure you want to rub them on your screen? Braver than I! ;)

How about compromising on a lemon-scented, KFC hand freshening towelette? If it doesn't actually clear the dust, it will at least smell really nice! :p

Well I had a go at trying to open up the case but my screwdriver does not work!

I tried both a NO. 0 and 1 but it seems to be right between the two. Unless you have to spin them to the right because they are Korean or something wierd.

You kids must live in absolute squalors. I've applied 2 gp2x screens and not a single hair or piece of dust was lodge under there? Are you trying to affix it outside on a windy day or something???

trust me I have pushed *looks at indent the screwdriver left on his hand*

I am afraid of totally breaking the thing!

Does anyone know of the best size of screwdriver to use?

reallynotnick posted on Feb 19 2006 at 04:54 AM said:
trust me I have pushed *looks at indent the screwdriver left on his hand*

I am afraid of totally breaking the thing!

Does anyone know of the best size of screwdriver to use?

PH1= Philips screwdriver size 1 (looks like a cross), Not a PZ1= Pozi screwdriver size 1 (looks like a star, if you look very closely).

Trooper

Back