Buying An Actual Screen Protector

xenocidegeek

Still Fresh
Alright, so I bought a screen protector off of play-asia, thinking it would be the hard plastic one, that you stick to your GP2X.

It uh, it wasn't. It was just a thin piece of plastic, meant to cover the actual piece I wanted. My problem is, the hard plastic protecting the LCD screen came extremely scratched up with my GP2X, so I didn't want to use it.

So my question is: Can I find somewhere to buy the hard plastic GP2X screen protector.
I'm afraid to go anywhere with my GP2X because I don't want to have an issue with the LCD screen.

My problem is, the hard plastic protecting the LCD screen came extremely scratched up with my GP2X, so I didn't want to use it.

... are you sure you didn't remove the hard-as-hell-to-see vinyl film that many, amny folks missed?

telco: probably, but I misplaced the thing in the excitement. It's probably floating around somewhere, damn.

Is gp32z.com reputable to buy from? I wouldn't mind buying from there. I wish there was some alternative, though.

xenocidegeek posted on Mar 24 2006 at 02:24 AM said:
Is gp32z.com reputable to buy from? I wouldn't mind buying from there. I wish there was some alternative, though.
I bought my gp2x and screen protector (the thin film, not the plastic screen cover) from them and they handled everything very well. I sent them an e-mail about my "pre-scratched" screen and they kindly told me that it wasn't "pre-scratched" but I had simply missed a thin protective film on top of the screen ;)

EDIT: THIS is what you want, the screen cover, not the screen protector

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think you didn't remove the plastic film. There are, I think, 4 films on a new GP2X: one on the LCD itself, two on the screen cover (back and front, which is hard to notice and many mistake for scratched cover), and one on the "bar" with the power and battery indicators.

Hello

I had the same problem with my brand new gp2x, I was thinking my screen protection was scratched, but in fact I just forgot to remove the invisible factory plastic film :lol:

Now I've got a perfect screen protection! simply as that! no use to buy another one.

bye

Back