Dust Teleporting Behind The Screen Protector

HydraLancer

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey All

Long before I got the Gp2x I have read up on the issues regarding the hidden layers of plastic for the screen protectors and such and have already made sure to remove them all and properly and clean the screen before applying the protector, but after I sealed everything off nice and neat I noticed that dust is managing to get behind the screen protector and slowly start building up behind there, does anybody know the source of this phenomena? Is there be a small opening where the dust can get inside through the speakers and behind the screen? Just a little info would help, the method to solve the problem is apparent, which would involve removing the screen protector to clean the screen. Perhaps I should just keep the system in the case at all times when not in use! :p But anyway an explanation as HOW is what I’m looking for mostly,

Thanks

Quantum Teleportation...

Or the dust was there to begin with and you didint notice it. Maybe there was dust on the protector.

dioxide posted on Dec 19 2005 at 12:26 PM said:
Maybe there was dust on the protector.

I'm pretty sure I removed everything from the screen before applying it, I mean the screen was spotless.

Last edited by a moderator:
the screen is not in a vacuum chamber, so dust can manage to enter, and maybe it could have already been there, hidden between the metal borders of the screen etc, and just moved to the visible zones :p

simple newtonian physics, sorry! :D

get a compressed air blower, and put some water in a used glass spray, get on a clean desk, spray in the air to catch the flying dusts that you can't see and etc , open the GP, blow on the screen, and it should be perfect ;)

nik166 posted on Dec 19 2005 at 06:42 PM said:
the screen is not in a vacuum chamber, so dust can manage to enter, and maybe it could have already been there, hidden between the metal borders of the screen etc, and just moved to the visible zones :p

simple newtonian physics, sorry! :D

Newtonian Physics is another conspiracy i'm afraid... I mean it doesn't include the simple
4th law stating that 95% of everything is bacon...

The same thing happened to me :(

I hate dust ... I may have to open it up and bow it out with canned air, but I'm reluctant ... with my clumsyness, I could end up scratching something.

FFNoir posted on Dec 19 2005 at 06:30 PM said:
Newtonian Physics is another conspiracy i'm afraid... I mean it doesn't include the simple
4th law stating that 95% of everything is bacon...

because newton was muslim, his real secret name was aydin ben newton, but that will be discovered only in a few centuries, don't tell anyone that i gave you that secret !

No, it's them cornish pixies, I tell ya!

pixies6kg.jpg

Simple static electricity has drawn the dust particles in between the LCD and the protector screen. Happens a lot with electronics. Just look at the top of your stereo equipment . It happened on my cell phone to the point where I took it apart and sprayed the dust out with the electronics duster spray.

It IS annoying though, huh?

Same thing happened to me and my gp2x had been sitting in a case for 2 weeks (no I don't hate my gp2x, its bricked) and it is just crazy.

You can't avoid dust if you put the protector on indoors. It's almost impossible. You need to be in a room without any dust, the best thing would be to put the protector on while being outside, there is for sure no dust at this time of the year.

I have pretty much dust under the protector, however it's invisible, I can only see it if the sun shines on the screen, I was shocked at first but you can't see the dust indoors nor wihtout direct sunlight(even if the unit is turned off).

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 19 2005 at 11:24 PM said:
I have pretty much dust under the protector, however it's invisible, I can only see it if the sun shines on the screen, I was shocked at first but you can't see the dust indoors nor wihtout direct sunlight(even if the unit is turned off).

the best is doing it in the bathroom after a big hot bath or shower, humidity in the air stucks to the dust, with a good desk lamp ;)

Back