Remove the double spacing when you press ENTER

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
It's really annoying.

I just pressed enter, and I get an extra line of nothing. Wasted space. And there's enough wasted as it is with this new board.

D

That is the official web standard - SHIFT + ENTER is how to get to the next line (without paragraph).

IPB4.1 can be set back to single-line with enter in the editor and that should be out in October, so that should fix it.
I'll still see whether I can hack that configuration into our current setup as well.

That is the official web standard - SHIFT + ENTER is how to get to the next line (without paragraph).

IPB4.1 can be set back to single-line with enter in the editor and that should be out in October, so that should fix it.
I'll still see whether I can hack that configuration into our current setup as well.

It seems odd to me that the web standard would be different from other standards.  shift+enter should give you the atypical thing, and enter alone should give you a line break or line feed, or carriage return or whatever it is called when you get a new line.  Silly me,  I shouldn't compare web stuff to everything else I do on my computer.  
Anyway, thank for fixing it.  

Now if we could only we could get rid of that wasted line after a quote.

Ah ok, maybe it took a few minutes to set in. Thank you.
It's all good now.
default_smile.png

Erm... now newlines only work in the editor.   They don't show up on the saved message at all. :-( -Neelix
Then that's a conflict with the bbcode-Plugin... looks like I really need to remove it.

Now there's no way to get an actual paragraph break in the HTML.  Both enter and shift-enter now generate hard break (br) codes.

In practice, two brs is nigh on identical to one close p open p, but it might affect styling is any user tries to apply, perhaps.

Personally I was reasonably happy with the old behaviour - I want a clear separation between paragraphs, and it saves me hitting enter twice, but if others want breaks I'm okay with that.

But Shift+Enter also didn't work, that was the problem.  ;) I know these standards and I have no problem to use them since ages in Word for example. It now seems to be fixed, good. Edito Window still displays the text different than in the  actual post but OK, I can work with that. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back