Release Remmina 0.7.5

mindlord

Notices Two Things
Website
Visit site
I ported Remmina to the Pandora, I fixed it up so it only touches the NAND where absolutely necessary - SSH keys must be stored in the user's home directory - no escaping it. Enjoy!

mindlord said:
I ported Remmina to the Pandora, I fixed it up so it only touches the NAND where absolutely necessary - SSH keys must be stored in the user's home directory - no escaping it. Enjoy!

Cool. This will come in very handy when I get my Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
when setting up a new connection, I cannot complete the process as i cannot save the new connection details - the bottom of the page is off the screen - is there some linuxy hack I don't know of to make it so i can see it?

sparkymark said:
when setting up a new connection, I cannot complete the process as i cannot save the new connection details - the bottom of the page is off the screen - is there some linuxy hack I don't know of to make it so i can see it?
Move windows by holding shift or L button

great software but quite slow on the pandora,i think it might be the pandora graphics driver support on the desktop.I hope this gets faster somehow as its amazing running windows desktop on the pandora.

I have no idea what this is. Can anyone point me to some information that would explain what this does? I went to the Remmina website, and I'm still clueless. What is an "htpc remote"?

Esn said:
I have no idea what this is. Can anyone point me to some information that would explain what this does? I went to the Remmina website, and I'm still clueless. What is an "htpc remote"?

Put simply it will allow you to view your windows desktop from your Pandora so you can remote control your PC. Frame rates are likely to be low so don't expect to do any video streaming or gaming over it but for a System Manager like me this will be very useful.

My wife is PROFOUNDLY unimpressed by my Pandora, but last night I managed to get a "OK that's quite cool" out of her with Remmina. Our TV is a Linux box with a big screen running MythTV (HTPC = Home Theater PC) and I showed her that I could use the Pandora to control that and load up a HULU show using the touchscreen. She didn't really see the point of doing it like that(I admit, there isn't much), but she did respect that it was possible.

Incidentally, the Hulu video over VNC was not watchable, but it was better than I expected; couple of frames a second at low quality.

Alerino said:
It's VNC protocol.
You'll be able to use pandora to interact with your pc (the pc screen appears on pandora screen and you can manage all your media)
Can this program also go the opposite way and display the Pandora Desktop onto the PC?

Alerino said:
X11VNC
it didn't run from menu though, had to run in terminal, and it WORKS nicely

edit: screenshot was saved from pc :D
Cool. :)
With that I really could impress my buddy, he is a VNC maniac (Home Servers etc...)
is ist complicated to run such stuff from terminal? I hope the Pandora will contain a userfriendly GUI version for sich actions (some day) ^^

Hmm - i seem to be the only one who's having trouble with this. have tried to get it working with my desktop pc running Fedora (I've set up the remote desktop viewer oon there) it gave me an ip address which i entered on remmina,but it just tells me it can't connect. Anyone any ideas?

mindlord said:
you also need to specify the port typically 5900.
For example: 192.168.1.100:5900
Ok thanks will give it a try.

CJ

Edit: Tried that with 192.168.1.100:5900 and still no luck.

Edit2: OK tried it with my windows pc and it worked first time. So it must be a Fedora PC problem.

mindlord said:

Can you please make a PND of the latest version?

When I get my Pandora back from repairs, I'll look into it. I originally picked the this versions because the newest one required a version of some library the Pandora didn't have at the time. It may still be true.

Thanks mindlord for the good work.

I tried to connect to my linux vnc sessions, and Remmina makes the vnc server crash... no fun...:-(
Any idea on how to go about debugging this?

BTW I used the vnc common IP: hostip:vncservernumber, i.e. 192.168.0.1:0 for the first display, which is offset by 5900 in terms of ports.

Back