Beta X48

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
Hi all,

Here is a tarball http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/pandora/x48/x48-beta.tar.bz2 with a first beta version of x48 port
(HP 48 emualtor i've ported to psp, gp2x, wiz etc ...)

You need to copy the .hp48 folder in your home directory on the pandora, and to execute the binary file x48
I will package it this weekend when i will understand how to bundle a pnd archive :p

Enjoy, Zx

PS: I've tested it using xfce4 on pandora

Check pnd-make.sh in libpnd git, look in testdata/scripts for it

I just make a dir "pnd" and my makefile copies in bin and data, and I keep icon/preview/PXML.xml in the dir always. Just call pnd-make on it, supplying the dir name, path to icon and output pnd name and ballmo, good to go. Otherwise just do mkisofs on the dir, and append pxml - that's all pnd-make does. For pxml samples see libpnd hub -> pxml specification .. Very easy. Or grab an existing pnd and open it in an editor and scroll to end to see it

jeffphone

static.gif
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo zx-81

I dont want to whine but are you working on an msx emulator for pandora. It soooo high on my wishlist!

skeezix said:

I just make a dir "pnd" and my makefile copies in bin and data, and I keep icon/preview/PXML.xml in the dir always. Just call pnd-make on it, supplying the dir name, path to icon and output pnd name and ballmo, good to go. Otherwise just do mkisofs on the dir, and append pxml - that's all pnd-make does. For pxml samples see libpnd hub -> pxml specification .. Very easy. Or grab an existing pnd and open it in an editor and scroll to end to see it

jeffphone

Thanks for the tuto, i will give it a try. I've already compiled libpnd and all that stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif

I dont want to whine but are you working on an msx emulator for pandora. It soooo high on my wishlist!

i will port all emus i had already ported to other portable console.I will probably recompile it for the pandora and modify geometry to fit better the pandora screen size. Then i may try to replace existing "GUI" with a better one.

zx-81 said:
Bosbeetle said:
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif

i will port all emus i had already ported to other portable console.I will probably recompile it for the pandora and modify geometry to fit better the pandora screen size. Then i may try to replace existing "GUI" with a better one.

Thank you! Biggest difference will of course be the keyboard on the pandora and that makes it so much more a real portable MSX :)

skeezix said:

jeffphone

Hi Skeezix. I've succeed to write my own PXML.xml file, and to build my own pnd package using squashfs with pnd_make.sh.
But is there a way to know what is the <prefix>/pandora/appdata/<myappid>/ folder to save settings etc ... For the moment i'm using $HOME/.<myappid> folder but i'm not sure it's the best way to save settings on pandora.

Thanks, Zx

zx-81 said:
Bosbeetle said:
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif

For any GUI, please allow for use with the d-pad as well if you could, fumbling with a stylus and scratching up the screen everytime you load something could then be avoided.

Also do you think computer emus like Atari 800 could use the keyboard? If so that would be the best.

Thanks for all of the great work.

zx-81 said:
I'm all for that modified geometry in something like old MAME stuff, playing Joust to show a friend how it looked in the old days compared to present day Pandora Panic version, my friend asked "why so small?"

It's funny that old school MAME is bigger on the Dingoo than the Pandora. I'm not blaming anyone, god knows it took a little while for MAME to even be released for the Dingoo. I look forward to your work!

Thank you in adavance!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

zx-81 said:
Hi Skeezix. I've succeed to write my own PXML.xml file, and to build my own pnd package using squashfs with pnd_make.sh.
But is there a way to know what is the <prefix>/pandora/appdata/<myappid>/ folder to save settings etc ... For the moment i'm using $HOME/.<myappid> folder but i'm not sure it's the best way to save settings on pandora.

Thanks, Zx
getcwd() :p
Write to the application directory which is the PNDs mount point, writes to which will be directed to your pnds own appdata folder by AUFS.

urjaman said:
getcwd() :p
Write to the application directory which is the PNDs mount point, writes to which will be directed to your pnds own appdata folder by AUFS.

:D that's so easy ! (i was looking for something more complex using shell script with MOUNTPOINT=`'df . | tail -1 | awk '{ print $NF }'` and then use this as prefix etc ...)

Thanks anyway i will then use this in my futur ports. I did a try with x48 and it works just fine now.

Back