Reicast - Dreamcast emulator for Android (Now Perhaps Pandora - See page 2)

Looks very interesting!

I'll gladly take a look at porting to Pandora if needed (as it seems it's already running quite well unported).

Sounds like a good idea to get our best Pandorans on the job of trying to optimise this! On a semi related note (as I've no knowledge on this), how does one go about overclocking the system speed ?

Id might create more advanced launcher for that, of course if it will work on my underpowered OP [max 850Mhz OC :/]

My Video was from a GHZ Pandora overclocked with 1.2GHZ with normal Sysspeed and slower newer SGX Driver.

Had no Time to play with the Emu Settings yet.

This Evening will i try more after Evening Dinner ;)

^ You'd never know.  Look at Shenmue, I said it runs so fast like 200% speed there and much faster than on the Shield

Where did you see 200% for Shenmue ? All I saw was a video where not even half of the polygons are displayed, and that's not even an interactive part in Shenmue, so expect the game to be much slower.
Shenmur grfx defects are exactly the same on Shield. But Pandora dreamcast logo and menu selection looks like it much faster on Pandora

^ You'd never know.  Look at Shenmue, I said it runs so fast like 200% speed there and much faster than on the Shield

Where did you see 200% for Shenmue ? All I saw was a video where not even half of the polygons are displayed, and that's not even an interactive part in Shenmue, so expect the game to be much slower.
Shenmur grfx defects are exactly the same on Shield. But Pandora dreamcast logo and menu selection looks like it much faster on Pandora
so your gut feeling is 200 percent on the menu screen which does not use much gpu. means almost nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ DrkIIRaziel

Can i try to build a PND for experimenting Things?

Maybe i can grab the Glibc Files from the Codeblocks PND and the simple Gui from another PND to open the File with starting Parameters.

This will be not uploaded onto the Repo,only for Users who want to Test here too.

Naturaly without Games and Bios Files ;)

^ You'd never know.  Look at Shenmue, I said it runs so fast like 200% speed there and much faster than on the Shield.

igno, wake up man! and show us Soul Calibur! :)
It looks to me like throttling is broken on Pandora and not on Android. It'd probably run much faster on the Shield otherwise.

Skies of Arcadia works and looks beautiful!

Tip: After you launch the codeblocks.pnd Dev. Command Line Interface move the terminal mostly off screen to the right side like ingoreis has it in the videos.

Use F11 to make the terminal full screen and launch the game. Press F11 again to move the terminal back to the right side.

I use Control-C to exit the emulator and toggle F11 to clear the Dreamcast Screen

These are the keyboard controls:

Pandora: Dreamcast:
A/S L/R
I/K/J/L Up/Down/Left/Right
Z X
X Y
V A
C B
Enter Start

Thank you to everyone involved in this. Looking forward to updates. Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite games of all time.

I hope the PND comes of this, I'd love to test this out on my Pandora too.

Slight tangent topic:

@DrkIIRaziel, I d/l this for my Android phone, but I've the HTCOne which has no SD card, so I don't have that dir structure that the app is looking at for the bios. Any workaround I can do, or will this only work on my other devices which do have SD cards?

I'd love to get Sturmwind on the Pandora with this, but read elsewhere that the original game has been locked down pretty good and is not easy to create a burnt image of it.

Would save me connecting up my original DC just for the one game

Skies of Arcadia works and looks beautiful!

Tip: After you launch the codeblocks.pnd Dev. Command Line Interface move the terminal mostly off screen to the right side like ingoreis has it in the videos.

Use F11 to make the terminal full screen and launch the game. Press F11 again to move the terminal back to the right side.

I use Control-C to exit the emulator and toggle F11 to clear the Dreamcast Screen

These are the keyboard controls:

Pandora: Dreamcast:
A/S L/R
I/K/J/L Up/Down/Left/Right
Z X
X Y
V A
C B
Enter Start

Thank you to everyone involved in this. Looking forward to updates. Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite games of all time.
Nice!  What?!  It runs on Pandora?!  It crashes on the Shield!

Can you run Grandia II on Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shenmue,

Skies of Arcadia v1.002 (2000)(Sega)(NTSC)(US)(Disc 1 of 2)[!].gdi works for me.
I played up to the first area where you are heading up to the bridge on Alphonso's ship. Picked up a few items. Fought some battles. Used some items. Going to play more seriously later to see it crashes.

I don't have Grandia II but I can try to find it and test if it works. Won't be until tonight though.

Back