Reicast - Dreamcast emulator for Android (Now Perhaps Pandora - See page 2)

there's a gcw zero build also :-||

(I already knew about this but have been sworn to secrecy for the past 6 months or so)

nice to have ya back there drk raziel
GCW Zero can run it too?  I thought it can't even run PS1 and N64 like Pandora can

Last edited by a moderator:
audience_applause.gif

./reicast-armel-r4.elf: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by ./reicast-armel-r4.elf)

Guess our system is a bit too old fo his toolchain :(

With codeblocks mounted, it works.

Flickers on the screen though and the controls are not mapped correctly so setting the date already doesn't work. But it starts. :)

Is there a way to remap controls somehow?

Edit: And crashed the sgx after I killed it. Needs restart.

Hope when the sources are online someone can have a go at properly porting it.

Edit2: Ah lkij are the cursorkeys and v seems to be select.

Terminal still flickers and I have no game to test, but it seems to work.

Hopefully :)

I Did have input support, but must be lost somewhere on my +inf amount of branches. The crash issue I think is more of an SGX driver bug though .. might be i'm not cleaning up properly.

We're thinking of having a crowdfunding campaign if there's enough interest, so we can reliably work on this. I just don't like selling it as a product (and that doesn't work with GPL anyway) but can't survive on comments either :)

*off to fix some bugs*

As said, if I start it from termiinal, the terminal flickers through the gamescreen.

Else it seems to work pretty nicely. Is there a way to access an onscreen configmenu or something?

Or is there another config file than emu.cfg?

As said, if there is source, someone on here might be pretty happy to adjust stuff for Pandora.

Edit: Thanks again for thinking about the Pandora when releasing this. Really appreciated :)

As said, if I start it from termiinal, the terminal flickers through the gamescreen.
You can try starting it from ssh instead, then maybe you won't get the terminal updating in the background. Just put DISPLAY:=0 before the command to run it. You could also try redirecting stdout and stderr to somewhere else to silence the terminal updates.

Well, tried that but if the terminal is not active, no input is registered.

For everyone who wants to experiment:

- Download reicast-armel-r4.elf

- Create a folder called data in the same directory and put your dreamcast bios files in there

- Add executabke rights to the file with chmod +x reicast-armel-r4.elf

- Start codeblocks.pnd Dev-Commandlineinterface

- run in the terminal of code::blocks using ./reicast-armel-r4.elf

You porting maniacs you!  :D

I once had a Dreamcast, besides the well known Games it had surprisingly good Beat 'em Ups including various Marvel/Capcom fighters. And of course it hadf Ikaruga. Would be cool to see these games run onto the Pandora, even if Ikaruga would benefit from a portrait mode alot. ^^"

It run,but have grafical Errors because i use a GHZ Pandora and Slackware.

I will try it now under the Pandora OS with Codeblocks ;)

Thx for that important Hint,Shenmue work :)

Back