Reicast - Dreamcast emulator for Android (Now Perhaps Pandora - See page 2)

Thanks ptitSeb,

Looks like I was wrong about the Pandora dpad simulating the Dreamcast analog stick. The Pandora dpad is the Dreamcast dpad.

I am stuck in Skies of Arcadia as I defeated the first boss but I can not fly the ship as it requires the Dreamcast analog stick to do so.

I am very happy with this amazing emulator so far. Thanks for your help.

Analog pad *should* work, but I have not tested it at all. So it seems in fact it doesn't work...

Will look at that, now that I have some working VMU on my build ;)

Results from my quick testing on my 1gig model overclocked to 1250ghz

Crazy Taxi - quite playable using the newest beta graphics driver, stuttering sound though

Chu Chu Rocket - unlike ED I can't seem to get this working yet

GTA 2 - loads up and looks like it might play well, can't control character properly without analogue controls though

Daytona 2001 - same control issues as above, game running at maybe half speed but looks very impressive

Revolt - under newest graphics driver it gets to main screen then never loads fully

New release, with VMU and Analog Control.

For VMU, you have to go to the flash rom menu to format them. Just hit Cancel at the Zenity File Picker Dialog to start reicast with no gdrom inserted.

It seems the default driver just doesn't work with reicast, whatever the model of Pandora used, so I think I will add a check and prevent reicast from runing if driver is the default one (and before I put the PND on the repo).

*EDIT* Attachement removed, it's on the repo now: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=reicast_ptitseb

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me but the Sound delay seems to cleared up in the latest release.. still choppy, but not delayed.

Hmm seem slower than my Tests.

It seem when i change Settings in the cfg File will they not be rekognized.

must test more to say more.

I tried Ikaruga on my 1Ghz - 1100 Mhz and it is totally playable  :D   just a bit slower : maybe 80% (don't really know) (i used the default drivers 4.00.00.01).

Zero Gunner 2 playable with default drivers but freeze with 4.03.00.002

ah i had installed wrong SGX Driverversion :rolleyes:

now more Tests :)

It does feel that when this emulator gets a little more mature and we can implement this like frame skip, there may be plenty of really playable games then!

Is it just me but the Sound delay seems to cleared up in the latest release.. still choppy, but not delayed.
I have fixed sound delay yes.

It does feel that when this emulator gets a little more mature and we can implement this like frame skip, there may be plenty of really playable games then!
Not sure Frameskip can help much, it seems mainly limited by CPU, not GPU. But that was a quick superficial analysis...

Thought I'd try Crazy Taxi on my 'classic' at 1Ghz - not really playable, but I was surprised how well it does run! Sound was fine too. Hopefully you clever chaps will come up with some sneaky optimisations and make this baby just about playable  :D

Will also try some games! Which SGX driver version do you recommend?

Did anyone test 4.10.00.01 already?

Awesome! I made it to Pirate Island in Skies of Arcadia. The main glitches I see in the game are textures using the wrong graphics. For example some walls will have face (or other incorrect) textures and some face textures are wrong. This mainly happens after cut scenes or transitions. Restarting the emulator and loading from the VMU save temporarily clears up the texture problems. The transitions into random battles also seem to incorrectly use the textures from various status screens. The majority of the time the game looks good.

Pal le mans 24 hour crashes after the infogrames logo. But its under 300 mbt in size. Maybe its an incomplete rip I have.

Sonic is too skippy too, unplayable, but I will test the few other games I have soon, hopefully something I can play on this.

Thanks for the pnd ptitSeb :) It works a lot nicer than the other method with the code::blocks I had. I couldn't even get my controls to work to set the clock on that one

Back