Really cool modular and freedom-respecting computer

very good. haven't done too much of the bare-knuckle hardware dev for the stm32f4, but can write some code for it (and flash it), so that seems straightforward enough. it's also nice to see a standard keyboard part so it can be replaced easily.

one last question, though...

@lkcl why don't you have any pictures of the operating system running, either with the desktop or laptop versions?

[edit] nvm, i see some on the updates page, but not on the main crowdfunding page.

@lkcl why don't you have any pictures of the operating system running, either with the desktop or laptop versions?
because they'd be exactly the same as any other pictures you'd see of the operating system running - you could just download screenshots of any XFCE4 or Trinity Desktop. much more useful is the various videos in the updates, and especially tarrin lupo's interview

While I don't think that the goal of 150,000$ will be reached, the (known) MOQs don't seem to be a problem any more: currently there are pledges for 482 computer cards (and 40 pass through cards), 373 housings/breakout boards, and 97 laptops.

While I don't think that the goal of 150,000$ will be reached, the (known) MOQs don't seem to be a problem any more: currently there are pledges for 482 computer cards (and 40 pass through cards), 373 housings/breakout boards, and 97 laptops.

yeahyeah, no the "spare" amount is what's critical here - that has to pay for plane flights, another round of dev boards, food, and many other things. that amount's at just under $40k so far which is fine.

Code:
python assess_campaign.py
total 117175.0
after costs 99598.75
costs 59972.0
spare: 39626.75
nres:  10000.0
after nres: 29626.75
total MOQ cards 558
total MOQ sockets 396

projected to 150000
---------
projected costs 76772.3490506
projected spare 50727.6509494
total projected cards 714.316193727
total projected sockets 506.934072968

As a backer I'm very happy to report that my prediction skills suck and the campaign might still make it to 150,000$ :)

With 575 Computer cards and 113 laptops now at 131,005$. 41 hours to go!

As a supporter, but not financial backer, I would love to see it meet the goal so I can get in on it later.

As a backer I'm very happy to report that my prediction skills suck and the campaign might still make it to 150,000$ :)

With 575 Computer cards and 113 laptops now at 131,005$. 41 hours to go!

As a supporter, but not financial backer, I would love to see it meet the goal so I can get in on it later.

My skills are as bad as @_jr_ but at least I said my linear extrapolation was wrong.
Now it's 600 computer cards, 115 laptops, $134720 , 37 hours to go.
So, extrapolating these last four hours, it'd reach $150000 in about 17 hours, (friday, 4 AM UTC ? ) and then get to 123 laptops and 700 cards (I'm counting too quick, but linear extrapolation doesn't work anyway, so who cares).

23 hours and $1000 remaining. It seems likely that it'll make it.
I'm saving official congratulations until tomorrow evening, but unofficially, congratulations!

Is crowdsupply like kickstarter in that once it's crossed the goal, in the last 24 hours or whatever, people can't cancel to bring it below the goal?

glad this project made it. couldn't support it now, but hope to build an eoma laptop computer with my son when he's a bit older ;).

glad this project made it. couldn't support it now, but hope to build an eoma laptop computer with my son when he's a bit older ;).
well by then they should be a lot lower-cost.... or available 2nd-hand :) also by then we should have some netbook housings / hybrid tablet-laptops like the alwaysinnovating touchbook, but i really want to do one of those with a 4:3 aspect ratio in 8.9in form-factor. that's if we can find a supplier of the 1024x768 screen... i'll be able to find suppliers when i'm over in china.

well, i'll probably buy firsthand to support the manufacturer ;).

good luck on the current and future projects!

Well, good. THIS is one of those crowd-funding things that deserve to make it, because its a fresh idea and it supports freedom AND computing. Today I am happy. P

Congratulations @lkcl

I think once it reaches the goal it's infinite hours to go ? People can pledge tomorrow too, I think.

thx pyrat. yeah you can - just don't leave it too long otherwise the component batches i order might be too small, you'd have to wait for another production run - just have to see how it goes.

Back