Re-order Emails Going Out Now

Wonslung said:
why do people think they there is a chance they won't be affected by this?

if you ordered from craig's site and used a credit/debit card then you are affected from what i gather.

its not a matter of if, just a matter of when they get around to refunding you.

or did i miss something?
Yeah, you did. :p Not all the credit card orders were affected.

Last edited by a moderator:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Wonslung said:

if you ordered from craig's site and used a credit/debit card then you are affected from what i gather.

or did i miss something?

can someone point to the post where it says this?

that really doesn't make sense.

it would make sense that all cc orders from craigs site need to be refunded.

maybe the confusion is coming from the fact that not all cc orders went through his shop.

i'm not saying i'm right, i'm just saying that it makes more sense.

Wonslung said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Wonslung said:

or did i miss something?

It's here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45096

Credit Card Orders
As you know, some (not all) credit card orders will have to be refunded and the orders re-placed with the new bank.

White Demon said:
WizardStan said:
Some people will not get a refund email. Some people actually have to sit back and do nothing. You could be one of those lucky ones.
Yes, but no-one knows if they are OK or not for sure until they either get an email or the all clear is given, and even then, if I don't get an email I will still keep checking my cc account online for about 1 or 2 weeks after the all clear to make 100% sure (in case I get a refund but the email goes astray). Until then, I've got an understandable right to be nervous, just like most others here who have not seen anything yet, affected or not.

Until someone gives the "all sent" message, you should have no reason to believe that an email has even been sent to BE lost. It's one thing to be nervous about missing an email after they've all been sent, what I don't understand is the concern people are having about not getting an email when it's clear that they haven't all been sent. I would expect "I haven't gotten my email" type messages after the last email is sent, not now when we know we're still waiting on emails to go out.
Besides which, the forum isn't a very good place to be asking about whether they should have gotten an email or not. No one here has anywhere near enough information to tell us if we need to re-order or not. Personal email to the Pandora team would probably get you the information you need.

WizardStan said:
Besides which, the forum isn't a very good place to be asking about whether they should have gotten an email or not. No one here has anywhere near enough information to tell us if we need to re-order or not. Personal email to the Pandora team would probably get you the information you need.
I totally agree - but better still just be patient - if everybody emails openpandora asking 'do I need to re-order' they will have far to much email to deal with.

Wait and see if you get an email. If you do, act on it. (For the details see the opening post

If you don't get an email, wait for the all clear. At that point if you are not happy, see if there is any guidance on the forum or openpandora.org. If not, and you are still concerned, email the team.
Yeah I know "Wait and see" sounds terrible, but it is the best advice right now. I think this post is also relevant to what is going on:
Dunny said:
Let's assume for a moment that they do put up a page where order numbers and their status is posted. One of two things will occur:

1) Orders will say "no problems" right up until they're refunded. People will notice that this is happening, and clamour on the forums that they don't know what's going on.

2) All orders that will be refunded are flagged as "refund" from the get-go, so we can see if our order will be refunded at some point this week. People will see this and start clamouring on the forums that they've not received their refund/email etc.

I don't see that a page listing order status is going to cut down on the confusion around here, especially with so many people cheerfully ignoring what Chip/Squidge/CraigIX have posted.

D.

I know via this forum a fair few of the people involved in Pandora which makes things good, BUT i dont know, just this makes me a bit nervous.

I havent pre-ordered one (want to wait till theyre out and are working fine) but theres no way i would change from a credit card to a bank transfer with no protection. This is a brand new product, not rolling off the factory line yet and i dont know, paranoid i know but if theyre doing this 'free' upgrade regarding memory why on earth do you have to cancel/re-order again ?

I 100% want the Pandora to be a success but i'm just nervous until i see the final product working, hence i cant put any money upfront.

Dont turn this into a flamewar by the fanboys, like i say i want the Pandora to be a 100% success but theres no way i would switch from a bank transfer from a credit card.

This is a brand new product, not rolling off the factory line yet and i dont know, paranoid i know but if theyre doing this 'free' upgrade regarding memory why on earth do you have to cancel/re-order again ?

Yes, it's confusing. The one thing hasn't todo anything with the other. The cancel/re-order is because of switching banks.

mali said:
This is a brand new product, not rolling off the factory line yet and i dont know, paranoid i know but if theyre doing this 'free' upgrade regarding memory why on earth do you have to cancel/re-order again ?

Yes, it's confusing. The one thing hasn't todo anything with the other. The cancel/re-order is because of switching banks.
If thats the case then they should have just said that as the original email about the mysterious "this is due to our credit/debit card processor being difficult with us about this" makes things worse.

If its just a case of switching banks then yeah i wouldnt worry so much (Would still do credit card rather thank bank transfer myself) just the original email confused matters hence the paranoia.

I want this device to be a success 100%, if it does what it says it'll do then i'm sure Craig and co will be getting phone calls from major companies at some point in the future about Pandora Mk II.

Just nervous early days at the mo

I'm paying again via bank transfer, whenever i've emailed them about adding items to my order, and recently about alternative payment they've been fantastic and fast to repond.

I can see your point and it's totally fair. I've decided to go on my instinct when reordering and have no problem after seeing how great they are via email. - I'm backing this project 100%. :)

joa said:
I'm paying again via bank transfer, whenever i've emailed them about adding items to my order, and recently about alternative payment they've been fantastic and fast to repond.

I can see your point and it's totally fair. I've decided to go on my instinct when reordering and have no problem after seeing how great they are via email. - I'm backing this project 100%. :)
I've paid via bank transfer in the first place, so lucky me :D

joa said:

Yeah good on ya, i would have gone with the first batch but i had one of the first GP2X's which was a useless brick for a few months so i'll wait for things to get going/emulators available so i can dive right in.

Its great seeing the positive PR on many websites and interviews about the device etc. I just cant wait to see one.

mali said:
Wonslung said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Wonslung said:

or did i miss something?

It's here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45096

Credit Card Orders
As you know, some (not all) credit card orders will have to be refunded and the orders re-placed with the new bank.

mmm, actually i feel 99% on this forum have got it terribly wrong

think about it, the randomness thing, was only started before we knew that it was GBAX that was effected, i feel its

all GBAX customers that paid by CC are effected

this is still only some of the overall CC payments, the randomness was an idea before we knew GBAX was the culprit and for some reason it carried on

where did it say in that post that "some (not all) GBAX CC payments are effected"
it didnt

i think someone mis interpreted it and then it carried on, craig never said in one of his posts that its only some GBAX CC, he said some CC, so it could be all GBAX CC affected

emcp said:
where did it say in that post that "some (not all) GBAX CC payments are effected"
If it helps, I'll say it now. Only some of Craig's customers are affected. Those who ordered from the German or Turkish stores are not. Not everybody who ordered through Craig's store is affected. Some orders went through before all of this started. Does that clear it up?

some emails were received days ago now havent seen any mentions of anyone getting a refund yet!? anyone had one and how long was it after the email that you received it, had my email last Thursday but no refund yet.

Will there be a status update when the email process is over? I just want to know so that those of us that haven't received an email yet can make sure the spam filter didn't catch the email, or if the order really went through.

Cheers

andrewe1 said:
Will there be a status updated when the email process is over? I just want to know so that those of us that haven't received an email yet can make sure the spam filter didn't catch the email, or if the order really went through.

Cheers
its been said earlier in here that they will all be sent by the 14th Nov so if you havent had one by 15th you should be fine.

andrewe1 said:
Will there be a status update when the email process is over?
Yes. I'll post a new sticky when they are finished if Craig doesn't beat me to it.

I can't see this having been posted already so I'll do it -

For those wanting to re-order by credit/debit cards -

Hi,
As soon as we have the link for re-ordering online setup we'll let you know.

Thanks

Debs

stustaff said:
some emails were received days ago now havent seen any mentions of anyone getting a refund yet!? anyone had one and how long was it after the email that you received it, had my email last Thursday but no refund yet.
I got the email last wednesday and no refund as of tonight, it's not really a concern until the link for the reorder comes through (as otherwise it could be accidentally spent! :p)

Forget the Rest said:
I can't see this having been posted already so I'll do it -

For those wanting to re-order by credit/debit cards -

Hi,
As soon as we have the link for re-ordering online setup we'll let you know.

Thanks

Debs
Thanks much for quoting this. That confirms the suspected answer to a question I had before. :)

Back