May I suggest a hero death animation, rather than the screen just going white? The sample does look amazing, it's just got too long to get into. If you're going to add an extended intro I would much prefer it if you could skip the messages at startup!Thank you very much
Well it's not about being unfair or not, as we showed you all there is right now... There are more level pieces as you have seen in a previous post but the level part you saw is the only finished one...
Development is going a bit slow but that's just because we we are both perfectionists we don't rush things. You could say the demo is perfect and we just need to make the level bigger and add more kinds of enemies but in my opinion there are still a lot of things missing. Here is a list of things that we plan to add:
- New extended intro with images, text and ingame part inside house (instead of the one screen story)
- A different sound for every item you pick up. For the tokens the sound will reflect how much score its worth.
- Monsters will not just fall off the screen, they will fall to the ground, explode and maybe leave an item behind!
- Hero getting hurt will be tweaked, doesn't look that great in my opinion...
- Destructible crates and barrels in the levels. There can be items inside, or a monster...
- Going to add some rain splashes here and there to make it look as if the rain is really falling on the ground
- Some other stuff...
This is just a list of things that could have been included in this small part of the game Of course we also plan a a bigger level, more levels, more monsters and epic boss battles and so on
It's alright We didn't enter the compo to win, we could have just sent in nothing but as it's because of the compo (and its minimin 2 members rule) that this game exists (else I would've never asked Archibald for doing graphics) we thought "Let's just send in what we have."Looks very promising. Unfortunately, the alpha release isn't enough to justify a vote from me. Sorry!
we just want to know if its something for pandoraRainy Day is actually a "test" to see how well we get along to work on a game together We're not just making a game and then we stop, no! Finishing Rainy Day means time to think of something new, something bigger
You mean that "something new, something bigger"? Right now I would say "Yes of course! " and hopefully that won't change, but you never know...we just want to know if its something for pandoraRainy Day is actually a "test" to see how well we get along to work on a game together We're not just making a game and then we stop, no! Finishing Rainy Day means time to think of something new, something bigger