Rainbow Panda

traylorpark

Very Active Member
Updated Jan. 21 – page 11
Less hearts.

There are so many things I should be doing right now. I have loads of work to do, yet I find myself pulled by a mysterious force to do some Panda design exercises. Actually, I have had this idea building in my head for a while. My diligence was finally compromised.

I'm not sure if there is any value in posting this here, other than contributing to the forum noise... but... maybe some people may appreciate my thoughts on Pandora branding and the direction I think the aesthetic should explore (a horribly biased opinion).

banner_dark_open.jpg

banner_colouredback_small.jpg

I am trying to create a look that can become iconic and at the same time feel familiar to those who see it their first time. A rainbow placed on tech stuff just oozes with early 80's nostalgia. I feel there is a power in appropriating that energy into a wholly modern piece of equipment.

banner_dark_tall.jpg

banner_dark_spectrumish.jpg

I'll probably keep developing this – at random. I'm open to crits, and totally willing to share anything I have with anybody who wants.

*note – that top design inexplicably fits the Unofficial Pandora Blog banner ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps a strange question, but why is the rainbow viewed by somebody who's blue-green colorblind?

Gregor Richards said:
Perhaps a strange question, but why is the rainbow viewed by somebody who's blue-green colorblind?
Hey I really like your design.. the OPEN thing.. and the color bars coming out of the pandora symbol.. but the colors are a little too rainbow like.. darken them up imo..

Gregor Richards said:
Not strange ... I derived them from the original logo color. More or less, they can co-exist happily. I just havent found a way to incorporate the blue in.

colour_pallette.png

I chose that layout of colors because I felt they were an okay balance between feeling slightly antiqued (the muted), retro and playful. They could probably use some revision. I am sure a true color theorist would scoff at my attempt.

Nice Logos. They give me a feeling of nostalgia that just seems right when thinking about the Pandora. ;)

-God Ginrai

Me likes. Looks a bit "portal" with the hearts and the cube :D So will this pandoras box come with all the evils in the world already in there or will I have to install vista myself?

I like the antiqued rainbow and the retro "futuristic" look. The important question is... why are none of them in a Pandora-sized background image size. :) I'd love any (or all) of the first three as a background.

I like them with the exception of all the hearts everywhere.

The last one reminds me of the rubber-keyed Spectrum with the stripes in the lower r/h corner.

Maybe the people who didn't want hearts could have a picture of Charles Bronson instead.

Back