Railroad Rampage Released

Imerion

Railroad Rampage is a cross between an arcade game and a strategy game. It is similiar in construction to many "Tower Defence" games, but it has a twist : here, you are part of the action and can affect the game in many different ways more than just building structures. Bandits are trying to rob your train and steal all precious cargo! Thankfully, you are a skilled engineer who can construct many different kinds of turrets and use them to defend your train. You have to make it through 20 waves of relentless enemy assault before you reach your destination, so plan ahead and devise a smart strategy and you may survive!

Railroad Rampage came first in the GP32Spain "Tower Defense" coding competition.

You can download the game here : Railroad Rampage

94c9a89f97.gif

This game is the winner and it is a must play game, a master piece in my opinion, i hope the author will improve in the near future. :)

Shock Troopers and Worship Vektor are excellent games too. :)

Jaguarandine said:
Wow, this looks neat! GP2X port?

The game is coded in BennuGD so GP2X port is an easy task :)

You can wait until BennuGD for GP2X is done, not much time to wait, or try to compile the prg in Fenix, maybe is easy to make changes to get it to work in Gp2X Fenix :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind comments! A new version with lots om improvements will be released soon.

As for a GP2X port, I might attempt it when BennuGD for GP2X is released. It will require an F200 though, since it relies heavily on the touch screen.

Hi Imerion,

Another excellent game from you :) I think this is the most original tower defense game I've seen so far, and it looks really nice too. Congratulations on your win!

I have some suggestions:
- make it possible to adjust sound effects volume, not just music; this is important on a portable that can be played anywhere.
- on PC, could you make the arrow keys open the menus instead of the mouse, like on Wiz? I always open them by mistake while trying to control projectiles.

Too bad the Wiz screen isn't a little larger, this game could have really used it!

Hi Alex, and thanks!

I really want to make the volume control work properly. But for some reason it crashes on the Wiz when I try to do it the way I used to. I will look into it soon though. I think Bennu handles the sound slightly different so I have to implement the sound control in another way. But it should be easy so I'll have a fixed version up soon.

As for the arrow keys, that should be no problems. A tip to make it easier in the meantime: you can open the menu by pressing anywhere along the sides of the screen, not only by using the small knobs. If only one pixel of the cursor is outside the screen the menu will open.

Back