Release QupZilla - Best WebBrowser for OP [IMHO] - BETA PND

because if your NAND goes, 90% of your pandora hardware goes with it. and we have very limited amount of free space on NAND as it is, which can cause a lot of unnecessary problems if it fills up with stuff that doesnt need to fill it

Who says your Pandora will pretty much be useless if the NAND goes, NAND does not "die" like a hard drive, and completely fail, it will have cells that consistently give the wrong bit back. This is annoying, yes, you have unusable NAND... as a storage partition or OS partition, BUT your boot loader stays intact because those cells are not worn out, and will still boot to an SD card, and you can still rewrite the bootloader as normal.

If your NAND starts giving errors too much then just switch to an SD card for the main file system. If you are absolutely paranoid of damaging you NAND then just boot to an SD card, by the time that dies, the SD card prices (for the card you will be replacing) will probably have plummeted.

My NAND has 150 mb free, which is plenty of space if you ask me.

Maybe we should take a look at the background caching on smartphones and see how everything is going for the smartphone manufactures and how they handle writing to flash memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if the NAND FULLY goes bad (including bootloader), you can ALWAYS boot from SD Card.

Huho I had forgotten I had asqued a question in this thread, and when I get finally back, I can see a bit of drama here... ;) well, sorry if asking about NAND writing sounded like a complaint, because obviously it was not. It was just some genuine technical information I was requesting in a polite way, I guess (as polite as my limited english could be ;) )

If it might help you consider this feedback more positively StreaK, I can swear I'm quite appreciative of your work for the Pandora community. I already thanked you in several of your release threads and will continue to do so. Sorry if you couldn't feel the love.

That's true, I may be a bit paranoid about preserving my Pandora, so I always try to make educated choices about the software I use. Nothing personal at all. And now that I know that all this noise and false information about your apps writing to NAND are not justified, and even unfair, I'll use your work with even more pleasure and gratitude :)

Thank you for all your efforts!

Its not that hard to download from there. You just have to click on the link to the file in that page.

EDIT: I think that its default language should be English, not Spanish.

Sorry, i missed the last post where it already got uploaded somewhere else. Something is not working right here. Got it now, thanks.

I compiled Qupzilla 1.40 released 11 March.

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g364abbc89c5ad9859992431966e4b828cadf4275f

I need testers for this pnd, any feedback is welcome.
You wanted feedback? Here's my humble opinion; in this article :

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12416-which-browser-is-the-best-on-pandora-benchmarking/

browserspromo.png

I compiled Qupzilla 1.40 released 11 March.

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g364abbc89c5ad9859992431966e4b828cadf4275f

I need testers for this pnd, any feedback is welcome.
I would like to use this version of Qupzilla. But it can't download form this link since the retention period has expired. Is there some other place to dowload this pnd? Thanks in advance.
Would someone please upload this somewhere ELSE? Thanks
Press OK.

You can thank me later… or like this post
Are you serious man? You are a troll.

Thanks for the link, buechse!

Bookmarks finally work. But how to switch to Engish? I tried to change the language in preferences, but both "apply" and "accept" don't work ...

Btw. is there a chance of updating the version in the repository? Nothing really seems to happen there.

Edit:

Changing the language worked by editing the settings.ini. But it seems to be possible by choosing the language in the browser and then re-starting it. Don't know if that worked before editing the ini.

Also, why is the preferences window full screen? I cannot unmaximize it or shift-move it to reach the buttons.

Waiting for Streak to add me as maintainer.

Fixed language issue, will try to fix preferences screen.

Nice browser.

Finally tried it.

The fastest and best so far I think.

Can I add spell checking?

I like to have it on Pandora as I sometimes have to look at the keyboard while typing and then I sometimes would have used strange new words without spell checking.

Downsides:

1: Doesn't remember Passwords

2: Doesn't remember zoom state.

The fastest and best so far I think.
Nope, Arora is faster. See my article (i tested the latest version of Qupzilla). But they are close enough.

However scrolling in the page in much faster in Arora than in Qupzilla.
Right.

Forgot it.

But Arora doesn't have full screen mode.

Don't want the Menu bars visible in fullscreen mode.

EDIT:

Turned off Ad Block on Arora.

Now it's fast  :) .

I was able to get https working without warnings, for Dillo, by including ca-certs from Debian in the PND.

I'd be happy to help the maintainer for this Qupzilla browser to do similar - ED tells me it also gives unneeded warnings with https.

Back