Release QupZilla - Best WebBrowser for OP [IMHO] - BETA PND

S

StreaK

QupZilla is a new and very fast lightweight Qt WebKit Browser.

In addition to standard features, QupZilla offers:

- Native look'n'feel on Linux

- Library - History, Bookmarks and RSS Reader in one window

- Integrated AdBlock support

- Option to send DNT Do-Not-Track header

- Private Browsing mode

- History and Bookmarks Sidebars

- Stylable user interface through themes (4 already packaged with browser)

- SSL Certificate Manager

- Search Engines Manager

- Supports importing bookmarks from other browsers

Screen:

qupzilla1.png

145693-2.png

Download:

http://pnd.to/4floor [FB Wall]

Im not using flash [always disabled on my PC/OP], so it needs to be further tested by someone..

the facebook link doesn't seem to work for me, I just get an error message when I try to download?

the facebook link doesn't seem to work for me, I just get an error message when I try to download?
Hmm, I can confirm the link worked for me (had to nose around Facebook a bit. I don't use Facebook at all....)

@StreaK: Can I ask why you're not using the repo for these? There is the ability to tag a PND as 'beta'. You can obviously put them wherever you want as they're yours; I'm simply curious as to your reasoning.

BTW. After first run change theme from "linux native" to other one in preferences [ chrome / safari / IE ]. Its not my fault, original app have the same problem [*deb, for ubuntu]. Maybe original author will fix it in next release..

@StreaK: Can I ask why you're not using the repo for these? There is the ability to tag a PND as 'beta'. You can obviously put them wherever you want as they're yours; I'm simply curious as to your reasoning.

Oh, well. I have my reasons for not to put these into repo. [there was a lot of words spoken in many topics about that..]

Nice porting. I really wish I wasn't so damn tired all the time, there's so much to play around with on the Pandora. I will try this soon, will it create a directory in appdata that I can copy the flashlugin to? Really, I'm too tired to do much fiddling about these days, and my brain is too scrambled.

Keep up your excellent work please, wherever you want to make it available.

EDIT: AdBlock is an absolute must in my opinion. There's only so far one can extend ones penis, and I just don't have the energy for all those nubile young goddesses that seemingly want my body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Addblock on the Pandora is a bad Idea since it eats just to many ressources which we don't have. Itested it in firefox and the new Midori, which also uses the addblock lists.

For Firefox, stuff like NoScript is much better and smaller. ^^

P.S. I really find this Facebook downloads a bad Idea, first because Facebook is evil, second because there would ba million better sites for hosting files and third, every app should be on the repo or at least on the Pandora Archive. If every coder puts his stuff on a dfferent place, we litteraly can sut down the Pandora project because nobod will find any software anymore without searchiung in thousands of Places.

I am going to dip my toe into this argument in an effort to stop what happend last time this type of issue came up.

The person who ports the app can do what they want with it, and I beleve we should honor their wishes even if we don't like it or agree to it.

They did the work to port the app. If you don't like it then port it yourself.

Last time Streak ported a TON of apps and he did put them on the repo, then people started complaing about the apps writing to the NAND and they made a big stink about it. So, Streak did exactly what I would do to a bunch of complainers... he simply stopped releasing his ports.

The steady stream of great apps that he was porting quickly came to a complete stop.

Now he has started to release his ports again.

I beleive we should appreciate this work and let him do whatever he wants to with them. I would rather have then avaliable from his facebook wall than NOT having access to them.

If you don't like this or it bothers you, then is a simple fix, DON'T USE HIS APPS.

@streak: Can I ask why you're not using the repo for these? There is the ability to tag a PND as 'beta'. You can obviously put them wherever you want as they're yours; I'm simply curious as to your reasoning.

Oh, well. I have my reasons for not to put these into repo. [there was a lot of words spoken in many topics about that..]

According to EvilDragon, in HF6 it is now impossible for an app to write to the NAND (link, if I'm understanding that correctly) so perhaps the original issue no longer exists.

I've given this a go, I like it so far! Can't seem to find it in the XFCE catagories just yet, but I'll keep on searching!! ;)

found it now, not sure why I didn't earlier, that's exactly where I actually did look first! :$

... Facebook is evil...

Facebook is indeed in my list of "most horrible concepts", however in and of its self it cannot be evil - the users however can. Personally I hate the idea of people knowing when I last went for a turd, and if the sweetcorn I ate yesterday showed up for an encore. There's a reason I've not stayed in touch with arseholes I knew 20 years ago, and I like to keep myself to myself. That's why I don't have a mobile phone either. But if someone likes facebook, and finds it a reasonable medium for distributing their work to select people who appreciate it, I can understand that. And as a bonus, I really enjoy signing in once a year to check how many of my ex classmates have died, become drug addicts or gone to prison.

anyway Streak already said he may add his PND's to repo but only if he feels they are ready for that, but at the end of the day its up to him, i wish he would add things to the repo for "ease" sake but i respect his wishes.

Will give this a try.

Does this feel faster then Midori?

I used to run network wide adblocking on my router, but I think it crashes after about a day because of lack of ram. Only have 16 mb on that thing. WRT54GL running Tomato, been doing well for years.

When I have time I'm going to try using less/smaller black lists.

I believe (from what i have read on other topics and posts) alot of streaKs work is initially launched as betas then the final build is uploaded to the repo. So maybe a revamp of the repo to including a beta section might make uploading betas here more appealing for devs?

Dont know whome is incharge of maintaining the repo so dont know who to make the suggestion to.

i heard a 100% true rumor that Panorama will include facebook as an additional repository

Back