Question To A Dev With A Devboard..

Jarska333

What do you want?
Website
Visit site
Have any of you devs, with GP32 and GP2X experience, tried coding and running some basic benchmark program, on both of these machines? I'd be curious to know, whether the GP2X main (?) CPU actually is as/more powerfull at, say 100MHZ, as/then the CPU in GP32 at 100MHZ?

Jarska333 posted on Oct 14 2005 at 09:15 AM said:
Have any of you devs, with GP32 and GP2X experience, tried coding and running some basic benchmark program, on both of these machines? I'd be curious to know, whether the GP2X main (?) CPU actually is as/more powerfull at, say 100MHZ, as/then the CPU in GP32 at 100MHZ?

I would wager that the benchmark result would really depend on the type of benchmark process that you are using. Whether you are looking at number crunching on a per clock basis, or are doing a graphic benchmark.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
So the problem Reesy had with water-transparency effects in Sonic is goner? (And other games, presumably) I seem to recall it took few MHZ to go around it... :) Good sign. I understand the RAM is faster, allso...

Memory bandwidth is higher, so memory intensive tasks should be quicker. CPU speed is up, and we don't know what it'll clock to yet. Also, there's two of'em :)

Quick question (thats probably been answered already) the arm9 processors are 32bit right? So what are the chances of emulation software like dosbox or wine running on the gp2x?

Squidge posted on Oct 14 2005 at 09:14 PM said:
Dosbox is possible, but don't know how fast it would be.

[W]ine
s
[N]ot an
[E]mulator

I thought it was
[W]ine
s
[N]ot an CPU
[E]mulator :D

Last edited by a moderator:
wince should not be a problem at all if you have access to it, the question is the legal site of it. we would all have to pay for it. i dont think this is worth it.
gph could have chosen wince for the OS, but they took linux cause its not that expensive and you have to license anything

Back