Question: Setting Up A Play Account.

PinkSpider

Shit.
Website
www.giglio1.karoo.net
Hello. I really want to use play.com, I mean im rich and its really cheap.

However the only times ive ordered from there its rejected my visa electron card. I typed the number in (the middle, longish one). And my other details, these all work on Amazon but its been rejected. And ive checked ive put them in 100% correctly and gah....

Help, I want La Pucelle this much: Alot!

Well, just yesterday I received my first order from Play.com, The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett. Ordered using a Visa Electron... Works smoothly. :) Also have preordered Civ4 from them... B)

I do seem to recall, that Electrons issued by different banks have different success rates...

Also, be mindfull, that the info and such in Play.com needs to be exactly as in your card/bank.

Smith John A. on card, and John A. Smith on Play.com probably does not work...

And some are nitpicky on the way the numbers are placed.

XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, or XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, or XXXXXXXXXXXX... :blink:

Does it tell you right away, if your card is not accepted? I wasn't sure mine was, so I ordered something readily available, just to check it... Civ4 for 30€, can't pass that. :)

I shall try with/ without spaces and dashes - cheers. Also it took a few weeks to tell me the first time so I didnt know if I could take any money out or not which was really annoying.

I want La Pucelle Tactics and they have it for 15 quid and I suspect I wouldnt be able to find it that cheap second hand from most places.

The deduction showed up immediately on my e-bank account after my order status was chanced to "sent"...

That long time would be rather annoying... :(

OH, just remembered, I needed to set up the card to be available for e-shopping, did this through my net-bank, Nordea Solo-service... But you got it to work on Amazon... So it should not be an issue.

No idea why it won't work, but Play.com works well for me, bought a lot of stuf from there and it was always cheap and quick, so...

Another great post from me!

It works with Amazon because their money handling services are provided overseas.

If a UK based company tries to use an electron card number it comes up "scan only" and refuses to process it. Basically an electron isn't supposed to be used online and if it's identified as an electron, it won't do anything. However overseas banks see it as a VISA not Electron and happily process it.

Try it on US sites and you'll get a 100% acceptance rate. I used to have an electron until I got a far superior connect card

My Electron is supposed to be able to be used online, but it had to be set up for online use. And play.com has Electron as supported cards...

I do recall, that it's usability depends greatly on it's issuer. :(

It has failed before with Paypal, but works with it, occasionally? You wouldn't happen to have a limit set for e-commerce? Like 20£ per day? I had to up mine to order GP2X, as it was set to 120€... :)

Dont need any of that electron rubbish.

Good old Maestro (switch) for UK transactions is best if your bank can provide it. Some banks do electron and maestro I think. May be worth asking...

PinkSpider posted on Oct 25 2005 at 09:48 PM said:
Im with Lloyds, I shall ask.

Also is it a case of just asking and they will provide if they do or do I have to pay?
If your so stinking rich (wow a credit card) why do you live in the chav capital of the world

no offence

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarska333 posted on Oct 27 2005 at 07:47 PM said:
In the kingdom of chavs, who's the king?

I see Mr. T as the pioneer of the chavs.
I mean, look at all that bling!

PinkSpider posted on Oct 27 2005 at 09:09 PM said:
Bransholme: chav capital.
The Avenues: Chavs cant afford it.
Not everybody here is from Hull, infact I think it's just us.
Bransholme is a council estate, It has a jobsenter, a sort of park type thing (that gets set on fire regularly), and lots of shootings, stabbings and rapes take place there.
Houses in the Avenue (which are mostly derilict or full of cracks from the train going past) fetch about as much as a bedsit in Hornsea (where I live).
Please no trailer park, hillbilly or saturday chav invasion jokes.

weirdspawningkid posted on Oct 28 2005 at 04:43 PM said:
PinkSpider posted on Oct 27 2005 at 09:09 PM said:
Bransholme: chav capital.
The Avenues: Chavs cant afford it.
Not everybody here is from Hull, infact I think it's just us.
Bransholme is a council estate, It has a jobsenter, a sort of park type thing (that gets set on fire regularly), and lots of shootings, stabbings and rapes take place there.
Houses in the Avenue (which are mostly derilict or full of cracks from the train going past) fetch about as much as a bedsit in Hornsea (where I live).
Please no trailer park, hillbilly or saturday chav invasion jokes.

A jobsenter, eh?

Back