Question about updating to 1.60

char

Another question for my new friends here! I see that I'm running 1.55 and a new version came out a little while ago... I also read some conflicting posts. Is it safe to update via pandora itself? It says it's for test builds but I read that the latest version is a real official release. Thank you all again.

I upgraded through Menu, System, Upgrade Pandora OS  just fine. Make sure you reboot first (clean memory and no weird open files).

But do not fail to prepare, so make a backup of your home folder, use lucky backup, works great.

Thank you. Will update once in wifi. Another question I am right in saying I need a USB hub to use my wireless mouse? Cause I found one and want to buy to play all my doom mods. (Brutal doom works, but can't headshot aim. The nubs suck for this game)

unfortunately, most mouse (mice) are USB 1.1 (and the OpenPandora USB is only for USB 2.0, and does not have support for 1.1)

See also:

http://pandorawiki.org/USB_compatibility_list#Mice

Of course, there ARE usb 2.0 mice, some very small ones too. Unfortunately, they have not been added to the wiki...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'll try to find a USB 2.0. I wish the nubs weren't so sensitive now I can't even see my mouse point on fce.... It's set to default in the mouse section. Not transparent.

So I tried updating. It says I don't have enuff space on my NAND. I'm guessing that's my file system on pandora. How can it it be full? I haven't saved anything to it to my knowledge. Which files do j delete that I don't need? I don't want to delete anything I need

What have you got in your home folder?

Edit: You're not using the updater I thought you were using - I'm getting threads mixed up. You've using the built-in updater in menu->System, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I my home folder I have a desktop icon, what looks like my second sd card, quicktutorial. Can I just delete all this? I wonder why my sd card is in my home folder. I have 2 inserted. If I deleted it from home it would have any effect on the sd card itself. Maybe somehow I copied it over.

And yes Levi , the one in settings update OS I think it said I need 20mb free

Is this a brand new Pandora? Honestly I would suggest performing a full reflash. The issues you seem to be having don't sound like something that usually occurs on a fresh install of the OS.

Ya I think so also... I finally got the update to work I freed up some space. So I used the update OS it being me to a terminal prompt. It's doing it's thing although it's been maybe 10 mins and it isn't doing anything else. Still sitting at the terminal DK if it's done or not....

Ok updated to 1.60! Everything working fine so far. I may still do a reflash. Thanks for help to everyone here. You are all most appreciated.

Back