Firmware Question! Help!

dogeymon

Still Fresh
Website
www.facebook.com
Quick story: I bought a Wiz a long time ago and had updated it all the way. But as of late, I had gotten a new WIZ, and am selling the old one online.

Do you think all WIZ's come with the original firmware? Or is it like PSP where they keep making them but sell them updated with the latest at time of manufacture?

At any rate, my main question is: how can I tell what current firmware version is on my Wiz? And should if it's a firmware that's not currently on the website, should I update to each version in order? It did say to update to 1.0.1 first, then the latest one. How should I go about doing this?

dogeymon said:
Quick story: I bought a Wiz a long time ago and had updated it all the way. But as of late, I had gotten a new WIZ, and am selling the old one online.

Do you think all WIZ's come with the original firmware? Or is it like PSP where they keep making them but sell them updated with the latest at time of manufacture?

At any rate, my main question is: how can I tell what current firmware version is on my Wiz? And should if it's a firmware that's not currently on the website, should I update to each version in order? It did say to update to 1.0.1 first, then the latest one. How should I go about doing this?
There's an option in settings called "Information. Hit right while highlighting it to bring up a helpful information screen that shows firmware info, kernel, and what I think is the manufacturing date. Mine came with the second released firmware on it, so not all Wiz's come with the original firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the firmware updates may be partial updates rather than a full reflash plus I think GPH may have changed the upgrade method used at some point but I cannot remember for certain. So I would suggest updating from one to another, as you suggest, by following the instructions provided with each of the firmwares.

Edit: IIRC later Wiz systems did come with newer firmware versions.

Peter R said:
Some of the firmware updates may be partial updates rather than a full reflash plus I think GPH may have changed the upgrade method used at some point but I cannot remember for certain. So I would suggest updating from one to another, as you suggest, by following the instructions provided with each of the firmwares.

Edit: IIRC later Wiz systems did come with newer firmware versions.

Thanks for the suggestion! But I checked the "information" part like the other guy said, and it says "1.2.1" so I guess I have the latest on it now

Peter R said:
There is supposed to be a new Wiz firmware released in the relatively near future.
I heard about FW's 1.2.4/1.2.5 with Wifi dongle support :)

Back