Question About Returning

XcR

Still Fresh
Hmm...

If I am unhappy with my GP2X, I am entitled to return it and I will get my full money back, yes?

Thanks.

Doh, that's right.. I forgot there was more than one supplier. Well I bought it from http://www.gbax.com/ so if anyone from there would be kind enough to give me an answer, I'd be grateful :)

No patience these newbies have :D, this is a homebrew machine, what did you expect, you have to wait for software/updates until it reaches it`s wonderful state! ;)

I`m just a little pissed that people are already selling their gp2x out of impatience, while I still did not get one yet...

No patience these newbies have :D, this is a homebrew machine, what did you expect, you have to wait for software/updates until it reaches it`s wonderful state! ;)

I`m just a little pissed that people are already selling their gp2x out of impatience, while I still did not get one yet...
Ditto, i'm so anxious to make stuff, and people complain theres no stuff on it...go make it yourself, thats the whole idea :p it's not a DS

Last edited by a moderator:
If you didn't pick it up in person, your covered by the distance trading act (http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/facts/distancesell.htm) which gives you 7 days. It's upto the company you bought it from if they wish to give you longer.

Well, the problem is of course, that someone might convince me to keep the machine, because future firmwares will fix aaaaall the issues. Byt the time those firmwares are out, my 7 or 14 days is over, and if it still is not satisfactory, I'm stuck with it anyway.

(Not talking about "me", I'll stick with it, no matter how long it takes fot 2X to be "perfect".)

hmm.

send it to me, i will give you a good price.

If you really have one that is ;)

looks to me as there are more trolls on these boards then ever imho.

If the battery issue aint sorted soon im getting my money back, i think the GP2X is great, when it works but with an hours battery life at the very very most its certianly not worth £125 and the cost of the batteries.

Alpha eX said:
If the battery issue aint sorted soon im getting my money back, i think the GP2X is great, when it works but with an hours battery life at the very very most its certianly not worth £125 and the cost of the batteries.

Other people here are getting ~5 hours on their batteries, and that will be improved even more soon.

It dont even play video files for more than five minuites, its like buying an ipod that only plays 30 seconds of a song before the battery dies and you have to recharge it.

Alpha eX said:
It dont even play video files for more than five minuites, its like buying an ipod that only plays 30 seconds of a song before the battery dies and you have to recharge it.

Then either the unit is faulty or the batteries are.

See if you can borrow someone else's heavy duty 2500mAh batteries to test whether it's the unit or not. If it is, send it back for a replacement.

Or do what I suggested and return the batteries for a refund/replacement.

i'm personally happy except for those damn action buttons - too small and far too spongy.

I'm hoping that a membrane with better damping can be used from another console.

Lol well said. I'm kinda itchy on that issue too.

If you happen to be using Alkaline batteries, then its no wonder. Alkaline isnt meant for high drain devices, better off with NiMH. And to overcome your current issue, just pack more batteries ^_^

AireTamStorm said:
If you happen to be using Alkaline batteries, then its no wonder. Alkaline isnt meant for high drain devices, better off with NiMH.

Wait a sec -- Alpha eX, are you using rechargable ALKALINES?

Of course they won't work properly!

AireTamStorm said:
If you happen to be using Alkaline batteries, then its no wonder. Alkaline isnt meant for high drain devices, better off with NiMH.

Wait a sec -- Alpha eX, are you using rechargable ALKALINES?

Of course they won't work properly!
Nooo they are rechargable Ni-MH 2500mAh

Im guna try see how long I get just playing games, NO video.

Back