Queries/issues with forum and some decisions.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
 Why are post counts disabled? The poll about this is still open. Granted it's not going to suddenly swing the other way.
If we have made the decision to remove post counts then please close the poll. 1) Can we please remove the voting up and down post nonsense. It's seems silly and confusing.
Is there any good reason for it to exist?
2) Can we find a better solution now that we have removed post counts?A) display the year and month that a forum user signed up; this is a fair substitute for post count.This allows people/new users to see who knows what or has experience etc.Make the year and month of sign-up clear  beneath the users avatar. Problem solved?

What else needs adjusting? Suggestions?

Why are post counts disabled? The poll about this is still open. Granted it's not going to suddenly swing the other way.
If we have made the decision to remove post counts then please close the poll. 
1) Can we please remove the voting up and down post nonsense. It's seems silly and confusing.
Is there any good reason for it to exist?
2) Can we find a better solution now that we have removed post counts?A) display the year and month that a forum user signed up; this is a fair substitute for post count.This allows people/new users to see who knows what or has experience etc.Make the year and month of sign-up clear  beneath the users avatar. Problem solved?

What else needs adjusting? Suggestions?
The post count is not disabled right now, it's just hidden. The counter still works.
I'm not sure yet whether we'll keep it or not - I wanted to think about that during the weekend.

1. Not, it can't be disabled in a question and answer-forum. The use of that forum is not to discuss, but that one person asks a question and the replies can be up- and downvoted and the best one can be marked as solved. I am misusing this forum so I can mark things I have fixed as solved, but I didn't know before that there are posts to vote. You can still sort it by date though, and outside of this area, we won't use that feature.

2. I can easily add the join date to that, but we already have member titles and those little dots that basically show how many posts that user has made (just less accurate).
Newbie, Advanced Member, etc. 

Ahh okay, the voting posts up and down thing is confined to certain areas of the forum, didn't know that. Okay the member titles thing probably works.
I'm not sure why it was so important to me a couple of hours ago. (Note to self, don't post when having a bad day)

I'm sure you will make the right decisions ed. Cheers.

Back