General Forum Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, it's time to uburden myself with a guilt that has lasted well over 25 years and hope it won't influence opinions if my Pandora fails.

When we first got a commodore 64 my Dad decided that the power lead would plug into the disc drive port. Not a good idea as it did smoke a little. It started up fine but the tape deck refused to work after this. We returned it and said it was faulty and got a replacement. It was a genuine accident and well they shouldn't make power plugs fit in disc drive sockets.

There... I feel much better now. :)

RenegadeChic said:
i honestly cannot see any reason for keeping this subforum open at the moment. virtually nothing that has been posted in here of value ...etc
Using some of this logic the forums should have been shut for the last 18 months ;)

craigix said:
You should not take the forum this seriously. It's just like a bunch of drunk people in a pub.
Classic. :lol:

Trevsweb said:
mods are here for a reason if they dont want you to talk about something they will cut you how they please. its their site not yours. freedom of speach doesnt grant you any permit to run you mouth off about anyone or say what you think all the time.
Exactly - let the mods sort it if it is inappropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCvuX.png

Attachments

• GCvuX.png
    GCvuX.png
    503 bytes · Views: 129
pawprints said:
Ok, it's time to uburden myself with a guilt that has lasted well over 25 years and hope it won't influence opinions if my Pandora fails.

When we first got a commodore 64 my Dad decided that the power lead would plug into the disc drive port. Not a good idea as it did smoke a little. It started up fine but the tape deck refused to work after this. We returned it and said it was faulty and got a replacement. It was a genuine accident and well they shouldn't make power plugs fit in disc drive sockets.

Give me<snip>

No, I refuse to say it - too obvious.

pawprints said:

yeah, you feel better, but commodore still went bankrupt.

Vorporeal said:
(pic)

Sorry, I just had to.

it had to be made...

thinking of it, even if he asked me i couldn't answer it because i don't know my order-number. if i ordered from gbax he should know, doesn't he?! I just got the order-number from ed's shop which doesn't say anything... :D nvm.

Remember the rules of the pub guys: Every time someone asks for an order number, you must drink.

Hey, I brought an A600 and a CD32 from commodore after my C64 so I made up for it. It's a pity commodore dissapeared as they would be the alternative to a mac. The A1200 was an awsome computer for it's time. Guess we'll be able to relive those days in a few months :)

pawprints said:

Uhmm.. those connectors weren't the same. If your father managed to connect the 7 pin power brick to a 6-pin serial interface (where the pins don't even line up), it wasn't on accident.

God Ginrai said:
Craig, it's not that we take the forum seriously, it's that we can't enjoy it if it's filled with topics of people accusing each other. I'm getting tired of seeing people complain about everyone involved.
so you're complaining bout everyone involved ?

how recursive of you.

Ok people the "Whats your order number" jokes are becoming tiresome now, and this topic went off-topic very quickly.

In the interest of keeping at least a part of the sub-forum sane, I'm locking this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back