Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Djkoelkast: Thanks a lot :)

Yoshi: Nice, thats what its made for :)

Djkoelkast: Thanks a lot :)

Yoshi: Nice, thats what its made for :)

Now working on getting Geoworks Ensemble to work. I've used that in stead of Windows 3.1/3.11 in the past. I'll add it to the wiki as well as it works. I'm also working on testing more games.

Works like a charm, could be a bit faster on graphics, but that might be just some settings.

120506-164355.png

120506-164501.png

120506-164631.png

120506-165116.png

120506-165138.png

I am having great success with WFW311 still. Bootup is quite fast and works great as an "APP".

Touch-screen works but is not an accurate click method for clicking specific locations like a tablet. Seems the touch-screen works more like a mouse touchpad.

Is it possible to enable WFW311 to accept the touchscreen like a tablet or is it just a tech vs time issue and therefore not possible?

Since I have not been successful in porting Xiphos as the installer uses waf an no-one has been able to overcome that hurdle.... My next bet is that I can run QuickVerse 4 in WFW311 in Qemu. Thanks Mcorbit!

But about the touchscreen... Possible?

The touchscreen is emulated as an ps2mouse and is always relative, not absolute.

The only way to make it work as tablet is in win98 as you need usb-hid drivers for that.

Win3.11 doesn't support usb and so it is unlikely it will work in this. Even win95c which has usbdrivers hasn't the needed hid drivers :(

Someone with more skill than me would need to code a emulated touchscreen device for qemu and a touchscreendriver for the hosted os that passes the absolute coordinates to it.

Thanks for the explanation. I can definitely accept it and it works great. Now I just understand the limitations a little better.

Is there a way to let Qemu boot from cd apart from DOS?

Like on a BIOS level choose CD-ROM as first boot device and boot from an actual cd image in stead of floppy + cd support, because that will not do what I'm trying.

If you specify a cdimage it will boot from that by default. Or you can specify the bootorder in the other options line with -boot d

If you specify a cdimage it will boot from that by default. Or you can specify the bootorder in the other options line with -boot d

It always says "booting from harddisk", I just "emptied" the field of the HDD image, maybe I did something wrong there?

Can you post your /tmp/pnd_run.qemu.out file please?

Edit: not boot -d but -boot cdrom

Edit2: Also: Do you have spaces in the imagename or path? The launcher doesn't like them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found it: I also had to unmount the shared folder, then it booted from cd image.

Have tested Kolibri OS successfully, added it to the OS list in the Wiki.

It boots in 15 seconds, from enter to desktop, brilliant!

Some actual screenshots I took (sorry for missing a letter in through :p )

120506-225253.png

120506-225315.png

120506-225454.png

120506-225516.png

120506-225610.png

120506-225758.png

120506-225809.png

3D stuff isn't really usable, too slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, even when I don't really see the purpose. But fast and useable it seems :)

Back