Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Sorry if this was already answered, I didn't find it: How do you get Crusader: No Regret running with sound and music? I copied everything to the shared folder and in the setup I hear the sound test after selection Sound Blaster, but when exiting the setup it hangs and I don't hear anything in game...

Or set the Blaster Variable before :)

I have News:

First my Pandora is shipping to ED for repair :unsure:

But before i had shipping i had make a new GameDemo Image for you with DRDos and Starfighter

218216-starfighter-3000-dos-screenshot-it-s-possible-to-attack-a.png

http://mcobit.openpa...Demoversion.rar :)

I saw that few Persons have problems with Windows installing then i made this 2 HDD Images

to Help you all.

I testet the images not exactly because i made them in 20 Minutes,you can write here that they work better or not :rolleyes:

1GB Bootable HDD Image premade for Windows95 Setup

http://mcobit.openpa...DROMsupport.rar

1GB Bootable HDD Image premade for Windows98/98SE Setup

I recommend before you typing the setup,restart qemu after this without Windows Iso.

Otherwise it copies ever the Windows Setup Files during Booting :lol:

and here for the Dos Gamers finaly with CDROM Support ;)

Empty DRDOS image english with CDROM support:

http://mcobit.openpa...thCDSupport.rar

Last edited by a moderator:
Never really tried that, but there are some guides online. Qemu would need a bridge set up in the networkconfig and your os will need drivers for the networkcard(s) supplied by qemu.

Sorry if this was already answered, I didn't find it: How do you get Crusader: No Regret running with sound and music? I copied everything to the shared folder and in the setup I hear the sound test after selection Sound Blaster, but when exiting the setup it hangs and I don't hear anything in game...

I got Crusader: No Regret running the other day with sound. I installed it on MS-DOS using qemu on PC.

For the Qemu options, I used Creative Sound Blaster 16 as the sound card and the Standard VGA Card for video card.

During the Crusader: No Regret installation, I chose "Auto Detect" during the sound card setup. Make sure the installation finishes because a couple times the Crusader installation froze for me and then the game itself didn't start up properly.

Finally, when I launch Crusader, the sound works, but game seems to be come unresponsive during the first level of gameplay.

Also, on the Pandora, I'm overclocking to 800MHz, and the gameplay seems slow. I'm curious what speed other people are seeing.

Maybe I should write this up on the wiki, too, but I thought I'd post about my experience installing MS-DOS 6.22 here in case anyone is having difficulties.

I own a copy of MS-Dos 6.22, but I had a difficult time installing under qemu, since my (non-OEM) MS-Dos installation disks refused to install into an empty partition. In order to use my installation disks, I had to set up a bootable HDD partition using a MS-Dos boot disk. Here's roughly the procedure I followed:

- make a new HDD image using qemu

- boot using an MS-Dos bootdisk or a bootable MS-Dos cd iso (You can make a dos bootdisk using Windows 95/98/XP.)

- run FDISK and make a primary partition on the HDD image

- format the new partition using "FORMAT C: /S" (the /s switch makes the partition bootable)

- Copy the MSDOS\ folder as well as AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS, and any other *.SYS files that are referenced in the AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS files from your bootdisk to the HDD.

- Now, your HDD image should boot into dos. At this point, you can use your MS-DOS install disks to do a fresh install.

This is the article I initially used to figure out how to install MS-Dos:

http://virtualisedre...s-6-22-in-a-vm/

For the speed of the videos, you should use 1000+ mhz at opp5.

And thanks for the writeup. Should go to the wiki :)

I got Crusader: No Regret running the other day with sound. I installed it on MS-DOS using qemu on PC.

For the Qemu options, I used Creative Sound Blaster 16 as the sound card and the Standard VGA Card for video card.

During the Crusader: No Regret installation, I chose "Auto Detect" during the sound card setup. Make sure the installation finishes because a couple times the Crusader installation froze for me and then the game itself didn't start up properly.

Finally, when I launch Crusader, the sound works, but game seems to be come unresponsive during the first level of gameplay.

Also, on the Pandora, I'm overclocking to 800MHz, and the gameplay seems slow. I'm curious what speed other ponies are seeing.

Thanks, I got the sound working now, but I've got the same problem that after starting the first level I can't seeem to do anything (but die), no button does anything...

Say ingoreis, how did you get the controls working? Or did they just work out of the box? I can't move at all...

Also, on the Pandora, I'm overclocking to 800MHz, and the gameplay seems slow. I'm curious what speed other ponies are seeing.

Thanks, I got the sound working now, but I've got the same problem that after starting the first level I can't seeem to do anything (but die), no button does anything...

I have been having the same trouble and it appears to be a Qemu issue. on both Pandora Qemu and Windows Qemu I can get this installed and setup but have keyboard issues. The games works fine and I can use the arrow keys to move. However, when I use two keys together, for instance shift + up arrow key, the controls freeze and I then can't use any of the keys. The game is clearly still running and the sound still works and some animations on screen are working (fans on wall in first level and enemies moving).

As I say it is the same in Qemu for windows.

Otherwise I have dusted off some classics and have got most working really well. So far with sound i have

Star Trek, the final unity (a pig to install!)

Command and Conquer and Red Alert

Dark Forces

X-wing

Sim City 2000

I had Keyboard errors only and very very few when i choose 486 emulation(maybe that is your Problem)

the Video with Crusader no Regret made i for Requests for the Forum and i tested it not long and after

Testing i deleted all Files with this Game.

I have no Pandora at Time to test and find a solve for your Problems,in my Video see you that it works.

Try Freedos,DRDOS,MSDOS7.1 maybe another DOS solve your Problems too.

I use ever the Univbe Driver from the Wiki and this speedup a little too.

When i have the golden Pandora here i can test for you ^_^

You played Star Trek the Final Unity???? Coool i must try it too when i can again :p

Hello

I have uploaded a new better version from the Premade Windowssetup Image here

in other option i recommend to write in the addidtional Options(for speedups)

-no-hpet -no-acpi -balloon none

With this new premade Image should Windows install on your Pandora.

I recommend to have the Windows Iso on SD Card and the HDD Image(the qcow2 File) on a

fast USB Stick or better a USB HDD,because it installs faster.

The Speed was often a Problem for a broken installation here,then overclock please your Pandora

minimum to 800-850MHZ.

I never installed a Windows with this Image because i have no Pandora at moment,but my goal is

a Microsoft free legal Installationsimage for making installing Windows95 to all Users more easy.

So you are now my Betatester for this HDD Imagefile :rolleyes:

I made this Image with Qemu Manager on PC.

Happy trying

Back