Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Notaz: We have to revamp the sdl rendering a bit. Right now it uses sdl-zoom for scaling to fullscreen in software. I plan to deactivate that and use your sdl as soon as i have my Pandora back.

Without having hardware to test myself right now, it is really annoying to do a lot of codechanges.

I'm going to duck before asking this, but does Starcraft work?

The original system requirements were 90mhz/16mb RAM. I remain hopeful!

Starcraft is definitely my hold grail of Pandora gaming.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Syndicate runs well personally. Streak had a video of a Syndicate remake engine, but I don't remember if it was ever released...

OMG! OMG! OMG!

This will be the best thing since the repo (if touchscreen support and right mouse button emulation will be included of course)

!! Thanks !!

I already played a bit with qemu under slackware, but i though that kind of stuff will run slower ^^.

Thanks for making those videos.

StreaK: We can do that, yes.

I haven't got an email :( Better use pms instead.

relliker: kvm is only supported with the newest cortex-a15 arm cpus as our pandora doesn't have any virtualization features in hardware, kvm is disabled in this build (didn't work, when we tried)

Edit: Of course that would only work, if the target architecture would be arm, but like it it now it has to emulate the whole x86 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this really looks astonishing! I can't wait to try all of my old games again on the Pandora. My first PC was a 486 DX2-66 so I've got a lot of fond memories of games from that time. :)

For some reason this makes me really want to play frogpult on the Pandora. Really exciting project :)

2 months later EDIT: Derp, I forgot the word reason :p

Last edited by a moderator:
relliker: kvm is only supported with the newest cortex-a15 arm cpus as our pandora doesn't have any virtualization features in hardware, kvm is disabled in this build (didn't work, when we tried)

Okies. thanks. I had compiled a qemu-arm for the Pandora and tried loading Zaxxon on Zaxxon (for kicks, but actually the plan was to to try running Android under qemu) but encountered speed and (huge) memory issues so I gave up :(

Nice on getting virtualisation running so well on the Pandora!

Well, it is more emulation than virtualization for said reasons.

C&C works flawlessly with sound, but new videos on monday :)

Back