Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

As said, IngoReis is the one with the Pandora, I don't have one right now, but he doesn't have an account here.

edit Thanks btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be the ultimate goal, but it seems usermodeemulation in quemu for arm is broken currently.

Wine could actually more overhead, than installing dos or win 95, but you never know. Of course only windowsgames would run with this approach.

Mcobit, while most of the Devs here are my hero, Your my God damn hero.

I hope that translates well.. be assured it's a good thing for sure.

This is either a massive elaborate build up to the best(worst?) April-fool -OR- the ReBirth Competition winner right here!

There! I called it. :ph34r:

It'd take some miraculous stuff to topple this from a surefire win. A native port of Starcraft and Diablo II, anyone? anyone!?

Only someone enabling the dsp and releasing that code along with an improved emulator/game and a media player could be a threat to this.

It'd take some miraculous stuff to topple this from a surefire win. A native port of Starcraft and Diablo II, anyone? anyone!?

erm, no source-no port dude! Are you challenging someone to hack the Blizzard servers to uncover their source code? :blink:

Only someone enabling the dsp and releasing that code along with an improved emulator/game and a media player could be a threat to this.

erm, no source-no port dude! Are you challenging someone to hack the Blizzard servers to uncover their source code? :blink:

You must have read my mind I was thinking exactly the same thing regarding the DSP.

You must have read my mind I was thinking exactly the same thing regarding the DSP.

If that's what it takes, that's what it takes! Go go GO! ;)

It was, of course, a joke. I'm aware of the pre-requisites for a port... are you aware I'm aware, because I'm not aware you're aware that I'm aware... and I might just have been troll'd. ( and would have been unaware! )

Err... anyway... onward! I am trying to think of games I could run in qemu, but unfortunately my imagination isn't what it used to be and I'm coming up dry... d'oh!

Setting up some disk images, it threw me off; my memory must be going, took me a few minutes to remember MSCDEX adding to autoexec.bat to bring up my Win95 install disk image, and then recalling we need to boot from win3.1 or a win95 boot disk, and all that. Been a looong time :)

jeff

Hrm, I'm getting qemu crashes during Win95 installs. Blast! (trying to get Win95 going so I can try installing Wizardry 8 and try that .. and Civilization 2 or Civ2:ToT .. yummmy!.)

(if you are curious, I'm doing some beta testing is all.)

I can see Raptor Call of the Shadows now! It's about 80% full speed on DOSbox.

YAY STARCRAFT!!!

Setting up some disk images, it threw me off; my memory must be going, took me a few minutes to remember MSCDEX adding to autoexec.bat to bring up my Win95 install disk image, and then recalling we need to boot from win3.1 or a win95 boot disk, and all that. Been a looong time :)

jeff

Hrm, I'm getting qemu crashes during Win95 installs. Blast! (trying to get Win95 going so I can try installing Wizardry 8 and try that .. and Civilization 2 or Civ2:ToT .. yummmy!.)

(if you are curious, I'm doing some beta testing is all.)

Yeah I have a keep a few legacy machines running just to keep my DOS skills sharp.. I have an IBM XT, a 386 Laptop, a few 486's, I'm sure there is a few pentiums in the pile there, and I mostly use an AMD K6III windows 98 system with a Voodoo 3 card to play games that can only run with Glide. I literally have a pile of working computers up to the ceiling of my basement here.. I think I have a problem.

EDIT: those who clicked the 386 laptop link.. notice the expansion slots.. I have a soundblaster 2.0 and LAN ethernet support in that sucker.. running windows 95.. on a computer made in 1989.

This is either a massive elaborate build up to the best(worst?) April-fool -OR- the ReBirth Competition winner right here!

There! I called it. :ph34r:

Yep, no point entering now - there's no way anything I can come up with stands even a hair of a chance! Seriously looking forward to this.

D.

Right now, just x86, but it builds for every arch. Maybe we can release a second one, that will be a lot bigger though.

I wish I hadn't read this thread, waiting for my Panda just got even worse!

Can you guys try Planescape: Torment? I don't think it runs on Pandoras version of GemRB, or does it?

I stopped the build on my OP ^^.

I can't find the complete list for :

Code:
./configure --target-list=

Which x86 one did you used plz ^^ ?

I wonder which one is better to use, user, softmmu versions etc...

Back