Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

If you do Jumanji, do consider doing Zathura as well, since they both share the same UI library?
Jumanji is crashing once in PND for now. I still have to understand which lib it needs.
Zathura needs gtk+ 3.x, so it's probably a no here, sorry.

Last edited:
I have updated the pnd version of Stunt Car Remake. It's on the same link in 1st post.

I have fixed the backdrop rendering issue, it's now the same rendering as the Windows/DX version as far as I can tell.

Also, I changed the control scheme.
Now, {X} accelerate without boost, and {B} brake without boost.
Boost is activated with {L}.

Also, I have made a video of it (prior my backdrop fixe)

That looks really good - much better than it did on an old Amiga for example. Sound it a bit weird though, with the engine not only coming through left speaker and crashes and so on through right, though it's possible that's on purpose.

That looks really good - much better than it did on an old Amiga for example. Sound it a bit weird though, with the engine not only coming through left speaker and crashes and so on through right, though it's possible that's on purpose.
It is, to reproduce the Amiga sound behavour. Not sure I'll keep it like that. I think I may change that to have true "3D" sounds (it use OpenAL after all).

Okay, so I tried stunt car racer remake, but couldn't work out how to actually start a game! The text font is a little hard to read on my TV-out-only unit, but I think it says press F to start, but that doesn't work for me. The number keys do switch tracks as expected, and S took me to a buttons screen, and Esc did quit the game as expected, but I couldn't find a key to start the game, and I did press every letter key on the keyboard at least.

Okay, so I tried stunt car racer remake, but couldn't work out how to actually start a game! The text font is a little hard to read on my TV-out-only unit, but I think it says press F to start, but that doesn't work for me. The number keys do switch tracks as expected, and S took me to a buttons screen, and Esc did quit the game as expected, but I couldn't find a key to start the game, and I did press every letter key on the keyboard at least.
Yeah, I have to redo the font system...

At 1st screen, you press 1..8 to change track and S to Select
On selection screen, you press M to go back to track Menu, or S to start the game.

Thanks; I've tested this now and it works well. The new font is much more readable (although it still disappears off the right hand edge of the screen during the 'one-S' menu amongst other places). Game still plays well, although I've noticed a graphical glitch having tried out the hump-back level (level 6 I think) in that you can see parts of the track behind through high parts of the track on the one-S menu screen, and occasionally in game also. It's really the minorist of minor issues, not affecting gameplay at all though.

Last edited:
Just added some fresh DxX-Rebirth PND to the 1st post. Built with latest sources (from today) and using Desktop GL as a test for gl4es. They both run well and fast, like 40fps+ with transparency and colored light, or 20+fps with 4X Multisamples.

Grab them in 1st post.

Descent was a decent game :D
I still might have the data files somewhere. I'll give it a go, same as stunt car racer... I never played the Amiga version but the C64 version was pretty good iirc

Wasn't there already a Descent port on the Pandora btw?

Yes, Decent is already on the repo. This is an updated relase of the engine. Plus, I'm not sure if the PND on the repo are GL accelerated or not. IIRC it was software only.

I did the dxx-rebirth pnds, they are GLES accel'd.
Yeah (that's why I didn't put my PND on the repo) ! You should update your PND (I'll then remove my version from here, as there is no need for 2 versions). DxX-rebirth engine have been updated lately.

Stunt Car Remake plays great on my CC pandora. Found no issues. Did 2 tracks. Steering is good. Just practice makes perfect :) IMO this should be on the repo :)

Back