Psyclone Psp Charger For Pandora?

^ That's good. It already solved some problems cause many users apparently have PSP chargers lying around.

there was a program on TV a few days ago about fake products being sold online, some kid's mum bought him a "bargain" game console for his birthday, turned out to be cheap knock off fake made in China, sadly, the kid was killed trying to charge his new console, the power adaptor charge lead was at mains voltage, cheap chargers can kill you or destroy your device (unregulated ones will for sure since the voltage goes right up when they go offload, and there are LOADS of them about).

hobbyman II said:
there was a program on TV a few days ago about fake products being sold online, some kid's mum bought him a "bargain" game console for his birthday, turned out to be cheap knock off fake made in China, sadly, the kid was killed trying to charge his new console, the power lead was at mains voltage, cheap chargers can kill you or destroy your device (unregulated ones will for sure since the voltage goes right up when they go offload, and there are LOADS of them about).
That's a story I've heard more than once, and it's more than once too many, too... (Craig linked to a similar programme on the BBC's website some months ago, wherein they mentioned how a lad was killed by a convincing counterfeit GBA SP charger, which his parents bought him in a shop whilst on holiday as he forgot to pack his own. Absolutely tragic...)

While I think of this; Please be wary of chargers and batteries and the like from places like DealExtreme and so on, people - you just don't know what sort of disaster you could end up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
davidgro said:
craigix said:
Well, I don't like to mention Sony in any way

He can sometimes show great skill at derailing threads, but I wouldn't go so far as not even mentioning him.

Funny!

I think he was talking about the company though... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The car adapter works too.

In the coming weeks I'll be trying a Zagg USB adapter as well, still waiting for my Memorial Day order to ship... Not happy in that regard, but hey, it's not two months yet!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I don't expect OPL to approve the use of any adaptor other than their own. No other PC manufacturer would extend the waranty to cover damage by a faulty 3rd party power adaptor (and even a high quality adaptor could go faulty). OPL have sourced an adaptor which they are comfortable with (quality wise). Use anything else at your own risk - but they will probably work OK - if they can supply enough current.
Even my phone draws too much power to stay charged with a standard car-charger!

I have a Belkin travel adapter that houses 3 110v plugs and 2 USB, it charges my iphone when plugged in. I tried one of the cords I got with the Psyclone for the Pandora, it powered it on, but the Red Charging light flashed not when this was plugged in. It didn't stay on constantly.

What does the flashing red charge light mean?

After using the suppled wall charger, the Pandora's charge light remained on.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

BUMP
Still would like an answer on the low battery light while plugged into a charger. Just did it again, the iphone wasn't happy when I plugged the Pandora into the other USB slot. Anyone? Clue?

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Back