Found a sweet hard case!

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
http://www.uwkinetics.com/products/309-dry-box

84a2e2f97ff43d7cd97cf5e7124704ce271fb924_300x300.jpg

I've been checking out different hard cases for the Pandora as I think the soft case is sub-par for my course of life: it sure as hell isn't bombproof. $500 and a soft case only works with something like a kayak as far as I'm concerned. Dust, sand, moisture, etc don't mix with technology.

So far I've found that I can fit a set of Westone headphones in a crushproof case in the UWKinetics as well as a spare battery in the battery case, and still have room for a charger that I haven't cut out yet. I like the new Pandora chargers, but I find the Psyclone PSP USB charger can be more versatile and less volume in this case as well.

I will post some pictures of this setup over the weekend. This case is similar in dimensions to the Pelican 1120 not so tall and a little wider, case material isn't as run over proof as a Pelican, but should withstand any elements in a non whitewater/surf/submerged type of environment. This is the perfect thing to put your Pandora in when you put it into your backpack with accessories. I can't describe it as anything else. If you want a hard case with no accessories, I recommend the Pelican 1040.

Pelican 910, 1040, and 1120 cases will be available on my new website soon. Please stop on over to complete some polls on these cases so I know what to order.

Thanks for looking! Protect your Pandora!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandora%20UnderWater%20Kinetics%20309.JPG

Any thoughts?

Pandora%20UnderWater%20Kinetics%20309%20back.JPG

This is under the Pandora in the first picture, I just inverted the foam to show off the underside.

where did you find this Thermonuclear radiometric cyberchromatic shielding device? and did you cut the shaped holes in it yourself? if not do you know what its original purpose was for? looks safe

I use waterproof cases for video and medical equipment when whitewater kayaking.

I cut the holes with a razor, it is pick-n-pluck foam so it has perforations. I use a black magic marker to figure out what lines to cut.

Its fairly lightweight, solid seal and latch. Reminds me of an old school lunch box, but much more fun. If you put your Pandora in a backpack, this will keep it dust, dirt, and moisture free. And prevent crushing.

Dude, you're so hardcore with your hard cases. Love it. :D

My case is not nearly as protective, but it's roomier than the original and has quite good shock absorption (in addition to the extra foam, the Pandora sits on elastic straps hammock-style). It's meant for a DSi XL.

uMkx5l.jpg

0RV4Wl.jpg

(I must get around to adding more foam in the lid, too.)

That's a sweet setup Gruso. Like it much more than official case. I will post some pics of the Pelican 1120 in OD Green, most hardcore of the bunch.

Gruso: Nice Pandora case. Where did you get it?

For now I have a simple GPS case I use for putting my 1.8'' harddrive, USB key, additional SD card and usb cable. The Pandora is either in some bubble wrap or in my inside coat pocket.

My current Pandora is a refurbished one off ebay and I am still waiting on my initial order and the official case that comes with it.

Mine now lives within this...

venom-ds-lite-aluminium-case-silver-ds-10116924.jpeg

Seems quite happy. The foam needed cutting within it, but it fits quite well. No space for the power adapter of course, but could probably squeeze in some headphones.

It's a DS case of course, as they're around the same size but I bought it over a year ago thinking my Pandora would be along anytime... :lol: Think they're still available in GAME shops in the UK.

Gruso: Nice Pandora case. Where did you get it?
From JB Hifi, which won't help if you're not in Aus. This particular brand (3rd Earth) seems to be the main one for DS cases here.

Im gonna be using a 3rd earth ds fat case when my pandy arrives. looks like a perfect fit.

EDIT: disregard that; it's Madcatz, my DSi one is 3rd earth.

Back