Using third party charger

A2000

If someone can enlighten me before I burn down my house, please.

I bought myself a psp charger comprising a wall charger, a car adapter and a cable usb<->psp. I also own a usb charger with two usb jackets which can deliver 1A each.

If I use the cable of the psp charger (which can deliver 2A) with the other charger on my Pandora (which I do) will the Pandora try to get this 2A and therefor kill the charger eventually?

Or do the Pandora only draw 1A?

Or am I just lucky that because the latter charger has two jackets with 1A each it delivers 2A actually if only one is used?

It is not too probable, but possible to destroy the charger (if the draw wouldn't, it would still be possible to overheat components). The mains charge can draw up to 2000mA. I'd try carefully and watch closely if it was important to me (and the charger not too big a loss), and otherwise use the USB socket with that charger. The Pandora draws ~ 500mA via USB.

Thank you for your explanation. The charger isn't hot while charging, just slightly warm.

I know I can charge via USB but that is exactly what I try to avoid as it is too slow. My main goal is to have one small charger with different cables to handle all my gadgets equally well. Where the Pandora is the most demanding device concerning the draw. And I like USB chargers a lot since you can almost always get a USB cable for a given gadget. Whereas I haven't seen any adaptors for the Pandora's original charger to use with USB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back