Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Just spent an hour playing FF7 with the newest release - runs almost perfect @700mhz, no custom options needed. There was a bit of slowdown/stuuttering of the sound when the background music was playing in battle, but nothing too bad.

One thing tho, when loading from a save state, sound didn't work at all.

Thanks for the hard work so far Zod, I can finally take the time to play through FF7 on my pandora. :)

edit - FF8 - still goes nuts on the world map (music skips, display lags for 4 or 5 seconds at a time), which is a shame cos "indoor" areas and battles run great.

Gaeryc said:
Tinnus, zod and everyone else: thanks for this :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F-_NRRw1iU

And this (hydro thunder): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WlxmJkGav4
And this (moto racer) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHt5_L1bk2g
And this (need for speed 2) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a611pG-G398
And this (Disney's Tarzan) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VL55jnkbf4
:) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
zodttd: About the clock speeds, might have something to do with 600 having a greater bus speed while 650 is lower bus speed but greater multiplier?

CPU and memory speeds are asynchronous, so it's not that.

Hi again,

New release. psx4pandora v1.0b4 (Beta 4) contains the following changes:
- Many more games now compatible. Much better timings. This may reduce performance, but makes many more games work properly too!
- PSX-PSP EBOOT formatted ISO's now supported thanks to Tinnus. Both compressed and non compressed work.
- Other small compatibility tweaks.

Be sure to check this release out and let me know how it goes!

Available now in the appstore:
http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/psx4pandora10b2.inf

Thanks!
ZodTTD

Btw, I'm loving the videos!

DaveC: Subchannel data and CDDA isn't supported...yet. It's coming very soon. :)

I will also be cleaning up the UI a bit until Tinnus gives it a complete overhaul (heh! whipcrack!).

How should the Pandora button handle the exiting of the app? Should it prompt?

Thanks!

zodttd said:
Btw, I'm loving the videos!

DaveC: Subchannel data and CDDA isn't supported...yet. It's coming very soon. :)

I will also be cleaning up the UI a bit until Tinnus gives it a complete overhaul (heh! whipcrack!).

How should the Pandora button handle the exiting of the app? Should it prompt?

Thanks!

No subchannel, that probably explains some stuff not working. That is fine it is nice to know it is being considered.

Cool thanks for the update. Any thoughts on the scaling modes? You asked me for them and I posted some examples.

Also the shoulder buttons need to be able to be flipped, the default makes circle strafing in first person shooters impossible.

Also I offered preview pic art since you didn't have any. Didn't you like it or you just haven't got that far?

Thanks for the great work here.

Zod, you fucking ROCK!

I read "compatible" in your update and went straight to Policenauts(English patch), and I'm here to say it runs near perfect. The only hiccups I have seen is every so often, the video pauses for a second. The audio is crystal clear, and the analog works great. I've been waiting forever to play this game, and once the english patch came out, I told myself it would be my first Pandora/PS1 game I would play.

This is a 2 CD game, do you know how the disc swap works? Or if this emu even supports a 2+ disc game?

Thank You so very much! My donation is coming this week. Keep up the good work. Now I'm going to try a few other games that didn't work in the previous versions.

Chris

The games that didn't work before for me still dont:

Motortoon.

Crime Crackers.

Medieval.

The ones that did work still do so that is good :)

DaveC: Just want to let you know I'll give 2x mode a chance for next release. :)

DaveC said:
Also the shoulder buttons need to be able to be flipped, the default makes circle strafing in first person shooters impossible.

Changing that will make other games harder for other people. The only good solution is configurable controls, so everyone can change the controls to best fit their needs. Best would be configurable by game.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
DaveC said:

Changing that will make other games harder for other people. The only good solution is configurable controls, so everyone can change the controls to best fit their needs. Best would be configurable by game.

-God Ginrai
"To be able to be"

That means an OPTION, not permanent. It needs to be an option as right now every FPS I have tried maps to Q, and P for strafe. That make most of them near unplayable.

zodttd said:
DaveC: Just want to let you know I'll give 2x mode a chance for next release. :)
Cool thanks, will be interested to try. As stated in my suggestions will 512 and 640 wide be able to be 1:1 horizontal? Now I think those default to 2X now giving a wide stretched image.

I think a config file option needs to be added so that keys like shoulder buttons can be re-mapped as needed, clock speed, scale etc. If not right away maybe it could be thought of for future. Most emus have this like PicoDive, SNES etc.

Thanks again for everything.

DaveC said:
God Ginrai said:
DaveC said:

-God Ginrai
"To be able to be"

That means an OPTION, not permanent. It needs to be an option as right now every FPS I have tried maps to Q, and P for strafe. That make most of them near unplayable.

Sorry, misread you. Anyways, I still think it is better to ask for configuration than the ability to just switch between two hard coded options.

-God Ginrai

Heh yeah. A global and game specific config file can be made for key mappings, and other settings.
Now that the emulator is running well enough, I feel more comfortable getting UI work done as well.

My Pandora's off to be repaired right now, so I can't check the latest build, but I have a question: Does the emulator report it's an analogue pad for every game, at the moment, or is this toggleable in the menu (such as in, say, pSX)?

(Asking because some games will freak out when presented with an analogue pad, for some reason.)

Prometheus said:
My Pandora's off to be repaired right now, so I can't check the latest build, but I have a question: Does the emulator report it's an analogue pad for every game, at the moment, or is this toggleable in the menu (such as in, say, pSX)?

(Asking because some games will freak out when presented with an analogue pad, for some reason.)

It is not toggleable in the menu. The way Tinnus was talking about it, it sounds like it is reporting itself as a non-analogue pad currently.

-God Ginrai

It is really a pity! R-Type Delta doesn't display enemys. This is really annoying and I hope it can be fixed. The speed is good and the rest of the graphics look also very good.

Hi the one from the appstore seems to be an old version 1.0b2 instead of b4 any ideas were to download the latest one?

Thanks

Back