Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

I get graphic glitches while playing crash team racing, but sound has been fixed for every game that I have tried, nice update!

Mutilator: Hi and thanks! :) Which Spyro did you use? I tried "Spyro - Year of the dragon NTSC-U" aka SCUS-94467 and it didn't make it into the actual gameplay before it freezes.

x68000: I've been basing my framelimit code off some of Unai's untested work within the soft GPU. I will see what can be done to further improve it. I'm now testing using Gradius Gaiden as well. I will also look into a fix for Road Rash! :)

DaveC: Welcome! I'm currently using hardware scaling via fbset. Right now all I do is give fbset a position, framebuffer dimension, and screen resolution. It handles all the scaling. I will ask notaz if there's an option to remove the filter in this case. Here's a list of the horizontal and vertical resolutions that can be combined and changed on the fly on the Playstation:
Horizontal Resolution = 256, 320, 368, 384, 512, 640
VerticalResolution = 240, 256, 480
How would you like these integer scaled? Let me know and I'll work it out. :)

Thanks to the handy work of Tinnus, we will have single disc (compressed and non-compressed) EBOOT formatted game support in psx4pandora coming next release (or very soon after).

Gaeryc: Are the graphic glitches new to this build on Crash Team Racing? :)

zodttd said:
Mutilator: Hi and thanks! :) Which Spyro did you use? I tried "Spyro - Year of the dragon NTSC-U" aka SCUS-94467 and it didn't make it into the actual gameplay before it freezes.

I used the Pal version of Spyro the Dragon cant find the disc atm. It worked on the gp2x port you did way back although it was pretty much unplayable then. I played one of the first levels and everything seemed to run pretty well although the sound was out of sync but im sure that will get fixed over the releases.

I tried tomb raider and got that to get to the menu before freezing when trying to goto lara's house or start a new game.

Il keep trying games out here as i got most of my playstation1 games sitting about.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you need a wider sample don't forget the compatibility thread. They post updates to your releases pretty fast.
I've not checked out the spreadsheet to see how quickly it's updated.

zodttd said:
Mutilator: Thanks! I will try to look into Tomb Raider today too. :)

just tried metal gear solid(pal) at 500mhz, seems to work well but i get a cd spinning in the top right of the screen and the gameplay slows down, so i guess its struggling to load from the sd card fast enough. I tried running it at 600mhz and like the other thread says it freezes after the konami logo

I noticed something odd. When overclocking to 650MHz my Pandora slows down to less than speeds of 600MHz. But when I overclock to 700 or 750MHz it's normal again.

Na-Noo: Checking it out! :)

Mutilator: That's a weird bug. Not sure why a higher framerate would affect MGS like that.

Just tried Red Alert again (only image I have atm). SFX are much better, music is still a bit dodgy. This is running at stock speeds. I'm not sure if the game is running at full speed or not (didn't play this on the playstation much) but it's definitely playable.

Keep up the good work.

zodttd said:
Can't be sure because I don't have the old build, but someone claimed that it worked fantastic on the old one. When I play it on the newest one some of the racers keep disappearing and appearing.

Resident Evil 1 runs like a dream. The only issue from what I can see is that the is stuttering in the voice acting, but given the quality of the voice acting I guess that isn't much of an issue ;-).

Great work Zodttd!

@Zod Gradius Gaiden is an excellent choice for testing as it runs at multiple speeds throughout the first level alone. If you get upto the 1st level boss, you will see the speed go through the roof - Hope you are able to get that far :p

BTW, Tested at 800Mhz, as PSX4Pandora won't OC as high as some other emulators without becoming unstable. Guess it is making more use of the available hardware.

Awesomeness. Any chance full screen (i'm one of those type of people that prefer fullscreen stretching over black borders) will be supported anytime soon?

Wolfsclaw said:
Awesomeness. Any chance full screen (i'm one of those type of people that prefer fullscreen stretching over black borders) will be supported anytime soon?

Its already supported ;)

Gaeryc said:
zodttd said:
Can't be sure because I don't have the old build, but someone claimed that it worked fantastic on the old one. When I play it on the newest one some of the racers keep disappearing and appearing.

It's like that in the old build and in the new one. I only see the drivers when driving through water ... . But it runs full-speed. Changing frameskip doesn't bring the drivers back. At 700Mhz it slows down a bit, at 750 it's fine, at 800 my pandora freezes now and again ...

Nice.
Started ripping my PSX CDs, most of them work great, only some is weird...

* Legend of Mana: Walking on wood sounds like walking on bells :D Every other soundeffect seems fine though, music is also okay.
* Parasite Eve: Doesn't start.
* Harvest Moon: Doesn't start

Can confirm the following are working:
* Xenogears
* Muppet Monster Adventure
* Muppet Racemania
* Final Fantasy 8 and 9
* Breath of Fire 4
* Threads of Fate
* Eternal Eyes
* Chrono Cross

Only problems I had with those games was battle menu flickering in FF9 and some don't scale according to your setting (and go always fullscreen. Both Muppet games, for example)

Greeeeat release :D
Now squeeze those last few fps out and there's not much that could be improved :D

tested :
Disney's Tarzan
Disney's Toy story racer
Hydro Thunder
Jet-Moto-2
Motocross Mania
crash team racing
need for speed 2

All working. (no "drivers" in ctr, but race feeling is good)

Chero.

Back