Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Hi everyone,

Grab psx4pandora version 1.0 Beta 3 here while it gets approved to the appstore:
http://www.zodttd.com/downloads/psx4pandora10b3.pnd

Here's what's new:
- Sound is now much more accurate and smooth. Now using ALSA for playback as well.
- Memory card saving works.
- Improved performance but the more accurate audio removes that gain.
- Now loads all games through the BIOS. I can make this an option at a later time. Better compatibility at the expense of watching the Playstation BIOS boot.
- Tweaked the framelimit code in hopes it's smoother.
- Heavily reduced tearing effect in-game. This was due to drawing directly to the framebuffer. It's now buffered. If you noticed tearing before, let me know if you think it improved.

Whew. I've been working non stop on this. Hope you like this build. :)

Time to read through the posts here. I haven't had a chance to breathe more or less anything else. :p

Thanks again!
ZodTTD

Thank you Zodttd your a machine :)

Edit: WOW! your not kidding about the sound improvement booted up my fav boat game got the HYDRO THUNDER VOICE! great stuff :)

Just fucking wicked almost full speed in hydro and sound is great at 500MHZ :D

Damn Zod, I knew you would do this to me.

I just had 130+ auctions end on Ebay, so I'm super busy right now, but I want to try this right now.

Thanks again, please put up your site link again, as I would like to donate to your funds this week when I get the time! You are doing a super job.

I plan to try this out at bed time. I've got to hurry up....

Chris

joshwaan2k: Awesome! :D

jumpman: Thanks! Let me know how it runs for you. I may put a donate link to my PayPal in my signature in a bit. :)

Note that I think the buffering of video to prevent tearing may cause instability/crashes. I'm not sure since I only caught this occurring on a high overclock while testing something, If you notice an unusual crash and think it may be related, let me know. :)

Hearing the sounds in Kula World is refreshing getting about 28 to 30FPS at 500MHZ in this game.

Edit: Destruction Derby 2 I gotta a feeling that the CDDA missing feature causing this game to crash. Cause when I play it on my PS2 just as I'm about to leave the start line the music kicks in. just a thought anyways might not be what's going on.

Just came here to spread a rumor based on reliable sources (notably myself) that the next release might have support for both compressed and uncompressed PSX-PSP EBOOT files ;)

(unfortunately only single-disc EBOOTs at the moment, if anyone has docs on the multi-disc format, feel free to direct me to them :) )

That's a pretty cool rumor there Tinnus thanks mate :)

Mortal Kombat 2 is pretty much full speed at 750MHZ :)

Funny thing happened clocked to 650MZ Hydro's slower like 39 to 40FPS, restarted tried clocking to 750MHZ andnot only full speed it's going at 69 to 70FPS :p

Mortal Kombat 4: 750MHZ very close to full speed

Loving it can't wait until you implement your GPU plugin to the emulator Tinnus :)

Great work Zod and Tinnus, stunning emulator as always, the sound is So much better now that i can actually have the sound on! This release also runs a little faster even with the improved audio.
Tried several of my games that loaded partly but crashed on menus/video intros....they no longer boot at all now, even with you forcing the bios on startup...was hoping for more compatibility there...hoping you can figure that one out! (the games in question are both .img and .bin)

Cant wait for eboot and mp3/wav support to come! Keep up the great work guys :)

tried cotton, gradius gaiden and road rash again. unfortunately all have the same sound issues as before.

im not seeing the bios screen show when loading (should i be?), any ideas?

BTW, loving that eboot rumour tinnus!

Yeah you should see the Sony Corp (white and orange one) then the PSX logo and sound, takes a few seconds longer too boot, thats why i was hoping for higher compatibility but cant any yet, will try some more games.

jaycee900 said:
x68000 said:
deleted the old pnd, so not sure why i cant see this.
bit strange, did you dl from the appstore?
just used the link zod put up on the last page. wil try the appstore now

EDIT, appstore yet to be updated

Last edited by a moderator:
zodttd said:
joshwaan2k: Awesome! :D

jumpman: Thanks! Let me know how it runs for you. I may put a donate link to my PayPal in my signature in a bit. :)

Note that I think the buffering of video to prevent tearing may cause instability/crashes. I'm not sure since I only caught this occurring on a high overclock while testing something, If you notice an unusual crash and think it may be related, let me know. :)
Nice to see the great improvements. Ad the integer scale, add option to nix the blurry filter and I probably would donate something.

Thanks for the nice fast updates.

x68000 said:
jaycee900 said:
x68000 said:
deleted the old pnd, so not sure why i cant see this.
bit strange, did you dl from the appstore?
just used the link zod put up on the last page. wil try the appstore now

EDIT, appstore yet to be updated
Yes it is updated, the text isnt, but look at the very top, its an 13/6/10 update - today

mmmmm, this is weird. despite deleting the old pnd, my desktop psx icon still appears to be booting up the old version.

edit. was using the pandora to move and delete files and it somehow kept a copy of the old version on the sd card which was totally hidden. could only see it when i browsed through my sd card on a pc.

Sound is a massive improvement..........Great :)

Road Rash now has graphical gliches

Gradius Gaiden looks fatastic but suffers from fluctuating frame rate (running at 800mhz)

Raiden 1 and 2 play very well

Rage Racer has glitches but now runs faster

Is there any way to limit the framerate so that the game never runs too fast?

Overall, a brilliant update Zod, Thanks :D

thanks for updating so quickly zod seems a huge improvement over the last beta.

tried spyro, ff7, ff8 and ff9. all work great apart from the sound going out of sync in spyro and for some reason ff8 wont run at all anyone got this to work? dont think it worked on the gp2x release either.

Back