Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone,

With tons of pressure built up as Pandora's are making their way to people here, I must be honest in saying I've been way behind in psx4pandora development. I have spent the past while working on it though.

While I chat, download the PND file here:
Updated June 14th 2010:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54095-psx4pandora-beta/page__view__findpost__p__874864

How to install:
1. Place the pnd in the SD card's directory: /pandora/apps/
2. Stick the SD card in your Pandora and on the desktop you will see the psx4pandora app. Run it and choose EXIT with the B button.
3. Now that the appdata directory is created on your SD card at /pandora/appdata/psx4pandora-1/ copy the PSX BIOS file scph1001.bin (all lowercase!) and your games (BIN,IMG,ISO,Z) to that directory.
4. Run psx4pandora and choose to Load A Game. Note that loading without a BIOS isn't supported currently. Play on.

How to access the in-game menu: Press SPACE.

How to exit the app completely: My traditional press ABXY+L+R

How to press L2/R2 psx triggers: Press Q or P respectively.

Bring on the feedback and let's get this polished up.

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Zod... Now I am only waiting for my Pandora, and an N64 emulator...

But very nice work, this will go onto my Pandora for sure!

Thanks! :)

Not sure how well feedback will go once it's given some usage. Hoping for the best. :p

I don't have my Pandora yet, but thanks a lot for releasing this. I just hope people will make constructive criticism...

BTW, if anybody wants to make a video, it would be greatly appreciated... ;)

Ok testing Marvel Vs Capcom atm. the screen is set to the top left hand side and is quite small.

Anyways tested the game runs about half the speed of the game this is with 0 frameskip, tried with frameskip but like you said Zodttd screen goes weird.

When I exit out with the pandora key the emulator goes back to the minimenu and goes weird font size.

OC my CPU to 600MHZ for this test.

Will report back later with more and pics :)

Update: Ridge Racer running it's demo mode not playing yet seems to run pretty good at 500MHZ shocked :)

Update 2: playing the game with sound at 500MHZ quite a lot slower. but almost full speed. maybe 40 out of 60 FPS at a guess.

Can't get the music to work must be something wrong with my cue file.

Wow for a little screen Ridge racer looks fucking wild :)

Thanks for this - another of my reasons for owning a Pandora! Just had a quick go with FF7 and Resident Evil 2 which both run very nicely. No luck with Metal Gear Solid, lots of "permission denied" errors from fbset.sh, not sure if that's related but let me know if you want the full output.

Are there any options with which to scale the video yet?

BTW, for the folks who have their apps and images on separate cards: You don't necessarily have to put everything in appdata. You can navigate to your images, you just start off in appdata and need to do ".." a couple of times.

Yep, tried a few games, too.

All games seem to sit in the top left corner way too small (no scaling yet?), some games run surprisingly well at 500 MHz, most games run fullspeed at 750 MHz.
As this is not using any hardware like OpenGL or NEON yet, this is quite nice :)

Sound is weird, but that has been mentioned above. It goes faster and slower and sometimes skips :)

Some videos run withoutsound (FF9 intro video has sound, the first in-game-video is missing sound).

Legend of Mana runs nigh perfect :D

joshwaan2k said:
Bosbeetle I don't own that game but I have Destrution Derby 2 which has a great soundtrack and is very fun :)

Love destruction derby as well :) how did/does it run? (especially in the big pit levels with lots of cars?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back