Psx4gp2x W.i.p.

hando

Chief Editor
Website
www.gp32x.com
Latest news from Zotdd :)

I GOT THE DYNAMIC RECOMPILER WORKING! YAY!

I'M TESTING IT OUT AS WE SPEAK!

I'll update everyone on it's progress in about 12 hours. It should have the BIOS completely loaded and dynamicly recompiled by then. Right now it runs a few hundred cycles into it. This is BIG GREAT news for GP2X users, as I'm estimating this week a new release including dynanmic recompilation will be possible. Huge performance increases coming very soon nonetheless.

Time to work on it for another 12 hour stretch...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs

On normal interpreter cores you emulate instruction by instruction.
On a dynarec you convert a chunk of code to the native "language" and save the result, so now evry time that chunk is needed you can just run the native counterpart instand of emulateing evry instruction again.

Basically once the instruction has been translated, you have it stored for use again, but now in the native language of the GP2X ARM processor, thus saving time.

( more or less :lol: )

I think i only just realised just how /much/ work zodd puts into this, 12 hours solid coding at a time? really appreciate your work zod =)

Me too I really have respect for how hard you work on this. I have some kind of idea how hard this is to make and how glad we can be that you are doing this :D

Back