Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

bOingball said:
Messing with Res Evil 1 at the moment, very nice at 290Mhz ;)
The menu won't show when I press start :s can you see it?

Last edited by a moderator:
reiboul said:
bOingball said:
Messing with Res Evil 1 at the moment, very nice at 290Mhz ;)
The menu won't show when I press start :s can you see it?

Yes it's bust here as well, so no moving that ticking clock... ha

bOing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljnw4OIK_A look at the bit of that video running resident evil... looks really good... what version is it from?

Jackd said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljnw4OIK_A look at the bit of that video running resident evil... looks really good... what version is it from?

Dang, you beat me to it! :(

I'm curious to see how FF7 emulation will be.

I'm making progress with the new build, I'm aiming for getting it in the builds directory today.

zodttd said:
I'm making progress with the new build, I'm aiming for getting it in the builds directory today.
Waiting for that Zoddtd :)

Quick post. There will be a new build within an hour. Everything is working again, Im just optimizing if possible now.

Ok, version 040307 is now up at http://www.spookysoftsite.com/psx4gp2x

This version is very similar in performance to the last two version, except this time things actually work. :)

If any game that worked with version 033107 no longer works as well with 040307, let me know! Thanks!

Oh, keep in mind im ignoring all except one case of Self Modifying Code in this build, so there may be problems with that, but from my testing I noticed none. Please dont jump to SMC as the conclusion to compatibility problems, but it may cause some.

I also fixed some branching opcodes so compatibility may be up from all previous releases. :)

Running Strikers 1945 is AMAZING on this psx4gp2x build! Try it out!

I think it will run some games very well. If Strikers 1945 does indeed run at 30 FPS, it will be the first fullspeed game. :) It's very fun to play on the GP2X!

Threads of fate is finally a-go! At 266 Overclock, it's running fairly well. You rule, zottd!

Edit: With interlace and sound, it was around 7 FPS...

Just tryed one game right now JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and its not workin anymore.

EDIT: Tryed guilty gear too and on the older builds you could actually pic a character and it would get to just before the fight starts but would get stuck there but in this new one it dosnt seem to work.

shinneri said:
LegendaryMachine said:
Threads of fate is finally a-go! At 266 Overclock, it's running fairly well. You rule, zottd!
Sweet, I don't have to test anymore. :p

I didn't play too far in though, just picked Rue and let it go from there. Afterwards my batteries caused a faux-brick so I had to change them.

Also, Megaman 8 is almost playable now. I can get it to around 20 to 25 frames ingame.

Also, when there's no sound, I get a strange buzzing noise. It's fairly annoying. I know this has been reported before, but has any one found the cause of this? I know it's not my power supply, because it's happened with two sets of batteries.

The raiden project is freezing aT the title screen again. Tekken 3 is nearly working again but you can only get as far as picking your character then it freezes.

ridge racer is working ok again :)

EDIT: The buzzinfg only happens if you start a game with sound on then put it the sound off. So just start the game with sound off and you shouldnt get any buzzing noise

-Winning Eleven 2002 is crashing when you are about selecting teams.In previous betas months ago it was working ok but too slow.

-Wipeout 1 is runnnig very well :) It is beautiful to see Wipeout on the GP2X.I am OC to 280 with Ram Tweaks on and i get like 9-13 frames it depends of the zone of the circuit and the ships in front of me.
Sound Off.Sound On is like an awful buzz.

-Castlevania SOTN is not working :(

-Batman Forever crash in "Now Loading".

-In the Hunt is working well.I get about 25 in easy areas. 275 OC.Sound On does not add more frames.Very playable :)

-Rapid Racer (Pal) if you Underclock to 40 it runs about 8 frames.It looks very well, althougt is slower than Wipeout 1 and you cannot play well.

Back