Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

tony hawk pro skater 1 menu runs excellent at 12 fps. Unfortunately the game wont start.

wtf???- I think something is wrong with the render because when i go to the first hill in ridge racer i go straight through the hill and then the world is flipped upside down and it shows it upside down and right side up so the sky is under me and the buildings look like there reflected in water.

jackd try different psx clock speeds. sounds a bit like what was happening on medal of honour 2 when you change to certain speeds you can go through stuff.

I just tryed raiden project again but on the new build and it dosnt work :( gets to the title screen but when you press start it freezes on teh title screen.

The 040207 release is buggy. I screwed something up and am fixing it now. Wait for 040207b before reporting bugs.

Wow, Wipeout 1 is running so well with this "Buggy" version o_O :)
Incredible, it´s very playable, except that i can only use X so i can´t use items o change camera.But it´s awesome.It´s like 12 frames but it seems like 20 o_O

Thank you man, waiting for version B :)

Wipeout's seem to run at 30 FPS. So 12 FPS is near half speed. :)

I just fixed the bug and Im finishing some testing. I think I found some improvements to make in reg caching. ;P

Thank you again man :) Always thought that Wipeout 1 was running at least at 40 frames, but maybe was a bad perception.
Zodttd, is there a way to volume down sound? It´s very loud for me :D

The problem with buttons not working in Wipeout can be due to this buggy version?

Thank you :)

I will add volume control and improved button mapping very soon.
The button problem with Wipeout 1 is due to the bug I just fixed. :)

Ok, version 040207_b is up.

In version B I fixed the large compatibility issue. It wasn't Self Modifying Code (SMC) breaking, it was actually an optimization I did to Load opcodes. I also removed support for register caching of immediates that must be loaded. It seems my register caching isnt working as well as it should, so I might rewrite it soon. If it's holding back some performance from poor use of caching, we might see even more performance with some ease in a short period of time.

Let me know how build 040207_b compares to 033107. Thanks. :)

Strange. I dont have that game to test with right now. I'll look for it.

Whoa threads of fate! That's the game! I've been wondering what that game was ever since I was much younger...all I remember is seeing an add for it before I had a PSX and thinking "Wow I would really love to play this game." Thanks for helping me remember what it was!

zodttd said:
Strange. I dont have that game to test with right now. I'll look for it.
Yes. I just tried it again in the first new beta, and it still works (just in case). Something weird going on, eh? US version, by the way.

LegendaryMachine said:
Whoa threads of fate! That's the game! I've been wondering what that game was ever since I was much younger...all I remember is seeing an add for it before I had a PSX and thinking "Wow I would really love to play this game." Thanks for helping me remember what it was!

Haha, no prob. It is a cool game. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
zottd:

The first release worked for me, but with this latest one I get:

CODE
[root@gp2x psx4gp2x]$./psx4all_std_rec_040207_b.gpe
: error while loading shared libraries: cannot create search path array: Cannot allocate memory

Something's broken?

just tryed raiden project again and it still freezes after you press start at the title screen but its still workin fine in 033107.

(none of this changed from the last version)
Ore No Ryomi- Wont start
Tony Hawk 1- Menu but no gameplay
Destruction Derby- Wont start

tekken 3 has stopped workin now too.

EDIT: tryed rayman on 040207_b and nothing happens just black screen but with 033107 you get the ubisoft logo then it freezes.

Back