Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

The reason I havent made the release yet is because I found out self-modifying code detection was heavily screwed up. It had been from the very start of the dynarec. I fixed it somewhat, and now more games are running that didnt before, such as Buster Bros Collection is running again. But I'm trying to track down some oddness that slows down the emulator in certain parts but increases speed almost two fold in others. It has to do with SMC, so I will definitely be looking into this. Either way, expect a few more FPS in this upcoming release shortly.

Well, that would be some great news!!
Can't test it these days, 'cause my 1gb card barely stands all my gba and neo geo games and ED got my 2gb card! I think I'll buy some fake card from Taiwan (hope I can get 'em to work :p )!
Just wanted to thank you zodttd, for wait you've been doing and for what you will do for the scene :D .....
Always remember ......
stay Cheesey

Just to clarify on Exophase's behalf, Exophase isn't associated with this project. He just likes to ramble on about dynarecs and sometimes I get to listen. ;P

The number one handheld PSX emulator! I've not tried it with sound as during that period of development I was without a GP2x. I'm really looking forward to trying it. Are there any 2d shoot em ups that can be recommended?

ste_167 said:
The number one handheld PSX emulator! I've not tried it with sound as during that period of development I was without a GP2x. I'm really looking forward to trying it. Are there any 2d shoot em ups that can be recommended?
In the Hunt, Rapid Reload, G-Darius, Gradius Gaiden, Salamander Deluxe Pack,...

Last edited by a moderator:
ste_167 said:
Have you tried any of them on Psx4gp2x? And, if so, how did you find them?
Some months ago, with an earlier version of emulator i tried In The Hunt and works pretty decent.Now i haven´t tried it yet.
Maybe with the next release :)

Draken said:
ste_167 said:
The number one handheld PSX emulator!
What about the psp?

Well, that is stolen from Sony... let's say PSX4GP is the best open and free one (and think of the future GP3X or whatever and how fast it will run then).

New in build 040207 at:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/psx4gp2x/

- Added much improved immediate loading and ALU imm8 handling.
- Added compatibility by handling self-modifying code differently.
- Added peformance by many various tweaks.

This version operates just like the previous version, except this should run faster (some games run 4+ more FPS), and more games such as Buster Bros Collection should run.

If you do test this version, please let me know how it compares to the previous one.

Thanks!

Downloading AGAIN. XD

Hope this one's even better than the last. Megaman 8 is getting pretty good, as well as my non-pal Duel-Shock special Edition Resident Evil.

Back