Psx4gp2x Build 080207 Released - Frameskip & New Dynarec

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone,

A new release, build 080207, of psx4gp2x is ready! Grab it here while reading at http://www.zodttd.com
(No registration needed for downloads)

What's new:

- Unai's work in progress frameskip is now implemented in this release. NOTE: Unai has advised me it is in a "preview" type stage. For testing feedback it is set to on by default.

- New dynarec! Faster and more compatible.

- Reverted to old CDR ISO handling. Everything but .bz/.index is supported, including ISO's.

This build is much faster in many games. With the right settings there are games that run fullspeed with sound and no interlacing! Frameskip is still being worked on and there's a lot of performance still to be unleashed from the emulator with that feature alone. Also the dynarec has further to go. There's a lot of polishing to do, but feedback is greatly welcomed. For help with finding the best settings, finding/posting videos of psx4gp2x in action, and compatibility/performance feedback, please reply here and/or by kindly registering at http://www.zodttd.com. Thanks for the support everyone!

mfk: Interlace is set to 0, and Frameskip is on by default. For better performance use the past default of interlace 1, and try different frameskip values (0/1 is off).

zodttd said:
mfk: Interlace is set to 0, and Frameskip is on by default. For better performance use the past default of interlace 1, and try different frameskip values (0/1 is off).
Yes I noticed them. Changed frameskip 0/1 to compare to performance.

071307 / 080207 Release
The Advantures of Little Ralph

Cracktro - 60 fps / 23 fps
Demo and Game Play - 30 ~ 45 fps / 10 ~ 15 fps

I noticed the similar results in both 2D and 3D games.

Another issue; even frame skipping is set to 0/1 it doesn't look like it's drawing every frame. It looks like frame skipping is set to 2 or 3.

I have really liked the interlace style in previous versions. In this release you changed it again. May I know the reason to change it back to old one?

Thank you in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

thx for the new release :)

Of course I tested my favourite game, ff9 ^^

300Mhz/RAM-Timings ON

The intro is slower than in the last versions (I tried different frame-skipping/interlacing options)
VS:~55.93;~fps:3.95;real:~1.98 (FS1/3;I:1)

But ingame seems faster now :) (battle scenes etc)

Wipeout seems to be fullspeed now with the same settings (at least one wipeout timer second == one real second ^^)

I will test a bit.. :)

great work :)

Just tried it zodttd.

I loaded again Legend Of Mana @250/RAM:ON
The game seems slower than old dynarec, I remember I reached 19fps ingame without sound with progressive interlace 1. Now the game is running between 5-10fps, depending the Cycle/Clock/FS used. Sound off/on didn't change the speed. Maybe it's a game issue with the new dynarec.
Will try it with some older gpe to compare.
Keep up the good work.
CYA soon

So, I have startet to test the new Version of the Emulator and I have a couple of Questions because I'm not very familiar with PSX Emulation on GP2X:

-How can I save My Emulator Settings? I don't want to set everything again after exiting the emu.
-What are the best settings for 3D Games? Because the only game I'm able to test is 3D (DBGT Final bout) and it's even slower than in the first versions of this Emulator. There is no speed I can see and I run the emu at 266MHz and RAM-Tweaks and Interlacing and Frameskip... :(
I see no noticable difference when I'm playing with the CYCLE/CLOCK settings. The game is just slow overall, not playable.

EDIT: and how can I exit the emulator when I'm ingame? Readme says nothing about it.

fusion_power said:
So, I have startet to test the new Version of the Emulator and I have a couple of Questions because I'm not very familiar with PSX Emulation on GP2X:

-How can I save My Emulator Settings? I don't want to set everything again after exiting the emu.
-What are the best settings for 3D Games? Because the only game I'm able to test is 3D (DBGT Final bout) and it's even slower than in the first versions of this Emulator. There is no speed I can see and I run the emu at 266MHz and RAM-Tweaks and Interlacing and Frameskip... :(
I see no noticable difference when I'm playing with the CYCLE/CLOCK settings. The game is just slow overall, not playable.
umm can someone plz put this on the archive thanks.
i cant go to zods website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back