Psx4All Released For The Wiz

maybe that is placebo effect, but i think PSX4all work smoother on firmware 1.2.0.Can anyone check this?

Just tried playing 2 games (Abe and Final Fantasy VIII) via the new firmware and although I find a slight improvement in sound, overall it's still a slow experience in regards to gameplay. :(

There is a game called Project Overkill that seems to be very playable at between 32 - 42 fps. It mostly runs around 40. This is at 833mhz. The sound would be decent if it wasn't delayed.

How do you get L2 and R2 shoulders to work?

Project Overkill is sort of a Isometric Doom. I used to play it a lot and think it is good fun.

TitanUranus said:
Is virtual pool/virtual pool 3 or the original GTA playable on the wiz?
I've tried GTA, but as many other games it uses only the upper half of the screen. Besides from that it's playable, It looks to me like 20 FPS (800 Mhz).

Last edited by a moderator:
kart_racer3 said:
Hardyx said:
kart_racer3 said:
The second game that I want to play consists of two files, one is a .cue file and the other is a .bin.ecm file and the third game also consists of two files, a .cue file and a .iso.ecm file.
The .ecm files are compressed, use this free tool to decompress and obtain the .bin and .iso files.

I used the software, but psx4all won't recognize the newly created file for some reason.

Edit: Realzed that I needed to convert the .bin file that was created to an iso. However, psx4all will not launch my newly created iso, it just sits at a black screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: This is the process I followed: Used unecm to decompress the image. I then needed a .cue file to go along with the newly created .bin file. So, I used cueMaker to generate a .cue file. I then used PowerISO to convert the .cue file to a .iso image. However, psx4all still won't load the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Same issue here. I think I have the right .bin file (512k) in the correct folder, but nothing but a black screen on castlvania and others. What is the best software out there to make a .iso file from my psx collection? Can Nero do it? I have Burning Rom 8.3.13. Will alcohol 120 do a good job. I couldn't get my roms to work on epsxe either. Putting the games right in the cd drive and they run, but these roms are all a bust whenever I use Nero to make it. Tried many different ways. Is there a better software out there?

Please help.

J

Jinx32 said:
kart_racer3 said:
Hardyx said:
kart_racer3 said:
The second game that I want to play consists of two files, one is a .cue file and the other is a .bin.ecm file and the third game also consists of two files, a .cue file and a .iso.ecm file.
The .ecm files are compressed, use this free tool to decompress and obtain the .bin and .iso files.

I used the software, but psx4all won't recognize the newly created file for some reason.

Edit: Realzed that I needed to convert the .bin file that was created to an iso. However, psx4all will not launch my newly created iso, it just sits at a black screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: This is the process I followed: Used unecm to decompress the image. I then needed a .cue file to go along with the newly created .bin file. So, I used cueMaker to generate a .cue file. I then used PowerISO to convert the .cue file to a .iso image. However, psx4all still won't load the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Same issue here. I think I have the right .bin file (512k) in the correct folder, but nothing but a black screen on castlvania and others. What is the best software out there to make a .iso file from my psx collection? Can Nero do it? I have Burning Rom 8.3.13. Will alcohol 120 do a good job. I couldn't get my roms to work on epsxe either. Putting the games right in the cd drive and they run, but these roms are all a bust whenever I use Nero to make it. Tried many different ways. Is there a better software out there?

Please help.

J

An old version of epsxe was the culprit. Moved to v.1.7 and the iso's work on the pc now. Now I know my .iso files work but anything I copy over to the wiz does not work. .iso or renaming them to .bin results in a "click" sound from the wiz and then a frozen black screen. I see on youtube and read all over people having success with at least getting a game to start. Can someone advise what may be happening here please? Much appreciated.

Regards,

J

kart_racer3 said:

The emulator supports the .bin and .cue files too, you need both for each game. You don't need to convert the files to .iso.
Use the .cue file that you have for the game, not a generated file. Test the games in the PC emulator ePSXe first. Check your Playstation bios file, some are old versions and fails. If a valid game not works, use the option "Load Game" because is more compatible than "Load game without Bios".

Jinx32 said:
Now I know my .iso files work but anything I copy over to the wiz does not work. .iso or renaming them to .bin results in a "click" sound from the wiz and then a frozen black screen
Check that you have a Psx bios file (look in the readme.txt) and your SD card is not write protected.

Jinx32 said:
Now I know my .iso files work but anything I copy over to the wiz does not work. .iso or renaming them to .bin results in a "click" sound from the wiz and then a frozen black screen
Check that you have a Psx bios file (look in the readme.txt) and your SD card is not write protected.
[/quote]

Thank you for the reply. The card is not write protected. The PSX bios works with epsxe as do the iso files I made. Just for giggles, I downloaded the same game off the net. It was a bin/cue file. It loaded with epsxe fine. I can also play the games off the cd on the pc. When I copy the game files (iso or bin/cue) to the wiz using the same psx bios, it doesn't work. The bios is in the same folder as the games and the .gpe file. There is plenty of room on this memory card. Maybe there is another version of the scph1001.bin? When I go to load the game I choose with bios. If I watch closesly, the screen says "loading bios" and then I hear the click and it locks up the whole thing as the screen goes black. I'm thicking bad bios but that wouldn't explain why it works fine on epsxe.

I found scph1001.bin from 2 more places and tried those, neither work on the Wiz. Maybe it is the games I am trying to play. Any recommendations on one that always works?

J

Hardyx said:
Look this game compatibility list. The Wiz version is based in the same emulation code. There are more games that works good. Games like Wipeout, Resident Evil DC, or Ridge Racer works good. 2D games works better.

I couldnt get Ridge Racer to work :huh: Just get a black screen. Most games I try dont work, Alien Ressurections does however. But Wipeout only displays on the top half of the screen.

I would love an update to this emulator, seems a shame to leave it half done..

Maybe zodttd could sacrify audio emulation, that should be easy to do and could make some games actually playable. As far as I understood, PSX4Wiz still emulates sound even if you turn it off.

Hardyx said:
Look this game compatibility list. The Wiz version is based in the same emulation code. There are more games that works good. Games like Wipeout, Resident Evil DC, or Ridge Racer works good. 2D games works better.

Holy Crap it friggin works. Unbelieveable. It made that little click sound, then black screen and then it worked. Thanks a ton. Now I can go through my library and find what works and what doesn't.

Just for the record...

Space Invaders does NOT work
Gundam Battle Assault 1 and 2 do NOT work.

J

Come on, someone try out Virtual Pool/Virtual Pool 3 please, I love those games! I really need to know if they work before I try it, I'm a very busy man you know.

I have a GP2X Wiz (which, reading this, I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't?) and I'm trying to play Final Fantasy VII on it. I found a YouTube video of someone who was playing Resident Evil and Final Fantasy VII (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui0CE75VxCA)—The FFVII section starts halfway through the video.

I'm comparing the speed of the emulation between the video and the actual performance of my machine, and my machine seems to be going a LOT slower—maybe 2/3 of the speed? I'm running 800mHz, frameskip 0, and no sound, just like the video recommends. Is there anything else I should be looking into to try and improve the performance?

Malgayne said:
I have a GP2X Wiz (which, reading this, I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't?) and I'm trying to play Final Fantasy VII on it. I found a YouTube video of someone who was playing Resident Evil and Final Fantasy VII (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui0CE75VxCA)—The FFVII section starts halfway through the video.

I'm comparing the speed of the emulation between the video and the actual performance of my machine, and my machine seems to be going a LOT slower—maybe 2/3 of the speed? I'm running 800mHz, frameskip 0, and no sound, just like the video recommends. Is there anything else I should be looking into to try and improve the performance?

damn.. every time I see new post in this thread , I get the feelinig that new version is released..

aaronson911 said:
Hey I have question for those that have a Wiz and a Dingoo. Which one is currently better for PlayStation emulation?

Probably the Dingoo at the moment 'cause the frameskip works. Unfortunately the Wiz version of PSX4All is a quick and dirty port, and as such the frameskip feature is broken. Also sound is emulated regardless as to whether it's turned on or off, and this hampers performance. Theoretically, given the performance gap between the Wiz and Dingoo, a proper release of PSX4All for Wiz that allowed sound emulation to be switched off and frameskip to be enabled would undoubtedly be the better version.

Here's hoping that somebody decides to have a crack at doing a decent port :D

Back