Psx?

I'm going to keep this short.

No. Not ever. Never ever ever ever.

Other members on this forum will probably scream and shout and swear at you for asking this question. I will just inform you that a psx emulator will never happen on a gp32. It is simply not powerful enough.

The nice answer from evil_king :D

This should be locked and a sticky + locked post should be made that says that there is no chance of a N64, GC, PSX, XBOX emulator happening on the GP32 in its life time (well, maybe N64, when the GPi comes out ;) )

Yea I got a 300mhz or something laptop with 64mb Ram and even that struggles to emulate PSX.........

lol "possible" are most konsoles/handhelds but way too difficult to prog.

The only hope for psx on gp32 is that nintendo, konami, sega and gamepark join together and work for about 5 years on that emulator :lol:

Zero3K posted on Feb 14 2004 at 06:50 PM said:
the GPi is the successor to the GP32 (but, it isn't out yet...)
the gpi is just a gp32 in a phone case. its the same thing i think. and its not coming out :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Feb 14 2004 at 07:11 PM said:
Yea I got a 300mhz or something laptop with 64mb Ram and even that struggles to emulate PSX.........
i quess your laptop is a pentium or amd-processor - you cant compare a CISC-processor to a RISC-processor that easily. the arm9 processor at 166 MHz is maybe faster than a 300 Mhz pentium - if its integer-calculations. if its floating point calculations then its a little different since the gp32 has no FPU

Zero3k, there is an N64 emulator for the GP32

But it is also a good example of what a PSX emu is likely to run like :)

moeFinley posted on Feb 14 2004 at 09:44 PM said:
Zero3k, there is an N64 emulator for the GP32

But it is also a good example of what a PSX emu is likely to run like :)
no, there is not, and never will b an n64 emu. ever!

Back