Psx For Pandora Compatibility List

FYI
zodttd said:
Hi again,

New release. psx4pandora v1.0b4 (Beta 4) contains the following changes:
- Many more games now compatible. Much better timings. This may reduce performance, but makes many more games work properly too!
- PSX-PSP EBOOT formatted ISO's now supported thanks to Tinnus. Both compressed and non compressed work.
- Other small compatibility tweaks.

Be sure to check this release out and let me know how it goes!

Available now in the appstore:
http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/psx4pandora10b2.inf

Thanks!
ZodTTD

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a little over half of my PSX games re-tested in Beta 4. The rest will follow tomorrow. :p

Title: Bust-A-Groove
Region: PAL
Format: bin/toc
Emulator Version: Beta 4
CPU Speed: 750MHz
Comments: The game's FMVs run too slowly, and the FMVs' audio is slightly too slow and is juddery. The game itself, and the in-game music, are too slow, and the music (XA format) is slow and juddery. The game drops frames like crazy. If run with "Stretch fullscreen" turned off, it's disproportionately stretched in a "widescreen" sort of style. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Crash Bandicoot
Comments: The game runs too slowly, and drops frames like crazy. The speed of the music seems to fluctuate a bit. The ground looks strange in places. If run with "Stretch fullscreen" turned off, it's disproportionately stretched in a "widescreen" sort of style. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Crash Bandicoot 3
Comments: The speed of the game and the music seems to fluctuate a bit. There are some rendering errors on some of the 3D models - some polygons that would appear behind others on real hardware, are appearing in front here, and vice-versa. There are also some minor glitches in some of the special effects. Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. Everything is a bit too dark. The game is a bit too slow, and drops frames like crazy. If run with "Stretch fullscreen" turned off, it's disproportionately stretched in a "widescreen" sort of style. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
Comments: The publisher and developer logo FMVs' audio is slightly too slow and is juddery. The game crashes the emulator when it tries to load the introductory cutscene, which comes after the publisher and developer FMVs. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Croc 2
Comments: The publisher and developer logo FMVs' audio is slightly too slow and is juddery. The game's boot-up introductory sequence begins but is then skipped automatically, so it is never played. There are some strange lines along the edges of some polygons, which should not be present. When the game's intro begins after choosing to start playing, the game's cinema-style widescreen bars drop in as normal, but then move back upwards again, leaving the display showing the place where the intro should start, but with nothing else happening. After this, nothing else ever happens. I hope you enjoy looking at that empty beach chair and umbrella! What can be viewed of the game drops frames like crazy. If run with "Stretch fullscreen" turned off, it's disproportionately stretched in a "widescreen" sort of style. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Heart of Darkness
Comments: In this version, the game now works, and runs very well indeed! However, the audio in the FMVs is slightly too slow and is juddery. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Klonoa - Door To Phantomile
Format: bin
Comments: The audio in the FMVs is slightly too slow and is juddery. The same applies to the XA format music in-game. The game runs too slowly. Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Klonoa Beach Volleyball
Comments: The game and its music run too slowly. The XA format music in-game is too slow and is juddery. Everything is a bit too dark. If run with "Stretch fullscreen" turned off, it's disproportionately stretched in a "widescreen" sort of style. The game drops frames like crazy.

Title: Lomax
Comments: There is currently no background music due to this game using redbook audio - other than this, the game runs perfectly. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Mega Man 8
Comments: The audio in the FMVs is slightly too slow, and is juddery. The in-game speed seems to fluctuate a bit, but it is mostly full-speed. The music will speed up or slow down to match this. The game slows down a lot if there is a lot on-screen or if there are transparencies visible (it does not do this on real hardware). Everything is a bit too dark. This version of the game does not have the FMV cut-off problem that the NTSC-J release has.

Title: Mega Man Battle & Chase
Comments: The speed of the game and of the music seems to fluctuate a little bit, but it is always too slow. The boot-up introductory sequence is out of sync with its music, and is over before the music is, causing the music to spill over into the title screen when it shouldn't. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Mega Man X4
Comments: The game's FMVs are played in this version, although their audio is slightly too slow, and is juddery. The XA format in-game music is slightly too slow and is juddery, also. The speed of the game seems to be correct now, although it sometimes slows down a little bit if there is a lot on-screen or if there are transparencies visible (it does not do this on real hardware). Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: MegaMan Legends
Comments: The boot-up FMVs' audio is slightly too slow, and is juddery. They get a bit mangled and corrupted. The game itself seems to run fine in this version, although the voice clips are a bit juddery. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: MegaMan Legends 2
Comments: The boot-up FMVs are displayed, but get a bit mangled and corrupted as they play. Their audio is slightly too slow and is juddery. All that can be seen is Capcom's logo, which then fades out to a black screen. Nothing else happens.

Title: Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes
Region: NTSC-J
Comments: The audio in the FMVs keeps changing in pitch, causing them to sound very weird. The introductory video, which is played when you choose to start the game, gets cut off before it is halfway through. The in-game speed seems to fluctuate a bit, and it is slightly too slow. The in-game music is also mostly slightly too slow. The game slows down a lot if there is a lot on-screen or if there are transparencies visible (it does not do this on real hardware). Everything is a bit too dark.

The recurring themes I see with this release are that NTSC FMVs have the weird pitch-changing problem, whilst all PAL ones have the slightly-too-slow-and-juddery thing going on, and that this seems to apply to XA format music as well. The other recurring thing is that a lot of 3D PAL titles get stretched disproportionately, even though this doesn't match the resolutions that the games in question actually run at.

Prometheus said:
14 * Everything is a bit too dark.
It felt a bit repetitive to read this :p. You might have just noted that near everything you tested was a bit too dark...

I considered that, but a comment like that outside of the game-specific notes then doesn't go into the spreadsheet, as far as I know. I wanted to make sure it was included. :p The excessive darkness was the other recurring theme, incidentally. :lol:

They were all darker than the first time I tried them (back in Beta 1), yes. My gamma setting on my new Pandora is exactly the same as it was on the old one, which is what made me pay attention to it.

Title: Duke Nukem Time to Kill
Format: bin/cue
Emulator Version: 1.0b3
CPU Speed: 500
Comments: little slow but I'm sure clocking up to 700 or 800 would have it perfect.

Title: Resident Evil 3
Comments: little slow sometimes but I'm sure clocking up to 700 or 800 would have it perfect.

Title: Everybodys Golf
Comments: little slow but I'm sure clocking up to 700 or 800 would have it perfect.

Title: Syphon Filter 1, 2 and 3
Comments: None of them work.

Title: Apocalypse
Comments: Needs a bit more overclocking. Also, many texture errors on the floor.

Title: C12 Final Resistance
Comments: Needs a bit more overclocking.

Title: Thrill Kill
Comments: Needs a bit more overclocking. Looked very well.

Title: TOCA 2 Touring Cars

Title: Medal Of Honor

Title: SpiderMan
Comments: Needs a bit more overclocking. Lots of graphical texture errors on the floors.

Title: Front Mission 3
Comments: Menus ok, videos and intro ok, crashs when the game is just about to start.

Title: Alien Resurrection
Comments: Probably the best running 3D game I tried.

Title: Martian Gothic

Title: Colony Wars: Vengeance

Title: Eagle one Harrier Attack

Title: Destruction Derby 3: Raw

Title: X Games Pro Boarder

Title: Ace Combat 2

x68000 said:
Can't get it work

chose an iso image on the basic menu and it crashed everytime.

have the iso and the bios together in the psx4pandora appdata file and no joy.

Any ideas where i'm going wrong?

+1 to that issue. Same thing here. =/

Random requests,

Has anyone tried Music 2000? (PAL Name not sure of NTSC) lost quite a few hours tinkering with this, i seem to remember the sound samples can present some emulators with problems - at the risk of appearing a bit cheeky, if anyone has Vib Ribbon could they give it a try? (can it be used with MP3s) i suspect not but perhaps some workaround could be employed in time (still fire up my copy from time to time!)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time.

PGA 96/98 would be interesting. I haven't got PSX PGA96 working on the frigging PC, so it'd make my day if I could play iton the pandora - when I get it (I liked 96 best, though 98 wasn't too bad. Tiger Woods is shit - really, he spends all his time offscreen with the pixelated ladies). Also, virtual pool 3... anyone ... please???

And while I'm asking for people to test things, now we know GTA works, what about GTA London 1969? I never finished it on the PC and quite fancy playing it - the first GTA was my favourite one, and I played it to death. Even started dreaming in a plan view at one point through lack of sleep, alcohol and skipping university to play it.

EDIT: Can't believe it took about a month before someone checked Medal of Honor ffs. All you lilly livered pandora ponces are trying stuff like bubble bobble - ha ha!

For miseryguts1969:

Title: Music 2000
Format: iso
Emulator Version: 1.0b4
CPU Speed: 500 and 800
Comments: Crashes on the intro screen.

Dammit, I was hoping this would work too. Ho hum. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll try creating a bin/cue file to see if that makes any difference.

~Levi~ said:
x68000 said:
Can't get it work

chose an iso image on the basic menu and it crashed everytime.

have the iso and the bios together in the psx4pandora appdata file and no joy.

Any ideas where i'm going wrong?

+1 to that issue. Same thing here. =/

Are you getting the "loading bios" message but it just hangs there? If so, that started happening to me with b4. Trying a newer bios fixed it for me. Hope this helps.

Title: Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Region: NTSC
Emulator Version:1.0b2
CPU Speed: 700
Comments: Wanted to say it was working perfect but you can occasionally hear the sound drastically changing pitch for a moment or two. It also might run a little fast although I'm not 100% sure. Overall runs VERY well.

Title: Tenchu 2: Birth of The Stealth Assassins
Comments: Runs pretty slow. Some might consider it playable. Other than that every thing looks nice. I couldn't find a single video glitch or hiccup.

Title: Tomba! 2
Comments: Just like Tenchu 2, everything looks ok but it runs really slow.

Title: Brave Fencer Musashi
Comments: Runs a little slow at times but it's still very playable.

I've tested the rest of my games, and I have to say that I'm incredibly surprised by the results I got with The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, above all the rest. :p

Title: Mega Man X5
Comments: The game's FMVs are played in this version, although their audio is slightly too slow, and is juddery. The XA format in-game music is slightly too slow and is juddery, also. The speed of the game seems to be correct now, although it sometimes slows down a little bit if there is a lot on-screen, or sometimes for no discernible reason at all (it does not do this on real hardware). Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Mega Man X6
Region: NTSC-U
Comments: The game's FMVs are played in this version, although their audio keeps changing in pitch, causing them to sound very weird. The XA format in-game music does this, also. The speed of the game seems to be correct now, although it sometimes slows down a little bit if there is a lot on-screen. If run with "Stretch fullscreen" turned off, it's disproportionately stretched in a "widescreen" sort of style. Everything is a bit too dark.

Title: Namco Museum Vol. 5
Comments: Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. The speed fluctuates a little bit in places, and it is often a tad too slow. The speed of streamed music will match the speed of the game, whilst XA format music is slightly too slow and is juddery.

Title: Rayman
Comments: After selecting what language you want to use, the game simply freezes at the Ubisoft logo.

Title: Spyro the Dragon
Comments: The speed of the game and music is too slow, and the game drops frames like crazy. If run with "Stretch fullscreen" turned off, it's disproportionately stretched in a "widescreen" sort of style. The ground and the sky look strange in places, and there are sometimes gaps between polygons on the ground. The audio is badly out-of-sync during the title screen, and sometimes in cutscenes as well.

Title: Strider 2
Comments: Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. The speed fluctuates in places. It is sometimes too slow.

Title: Tail Concerto
Comments: The game's FMVs run perfectly! This is the only game I've tested where the FMVs are not affected by the pitch of the audio changing at random, or by any slowness and judderiness. Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. The game runs just a little too slowly. The title screen music is not played, for some reason.

Title: The Adventure of Little Ralph
Comments: The in-game speed is far too slow, and so is the speed of the in-game music.

Title: The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Comments: The boot-up FMVs get a bit mangled and corrupted, and their audio is slightly too slow and is juddery. The game can now get through the first several instances of dialogue correctly, until the point where Teisel Bonne calls Tron Bonne. After this, the dialogues do not trigger at all, and the sections where they would appear need to be skipped by pressing Start. Pausing the game now works correctly, and all of the pause screen's menus also work. Reaching the spot where a cutscene ensues prior to the first boss causes the game to drop to a black screen and never recover. To my knowledge, this is better than any other emulator on any platform currently runs this game.

Title: Tombi!
Comments: The audio in the game's FMVs is slightly too slow and is juddery. Whoopee Camp's logo, shown immediately after a short video showing it hopping around, is not displayed - only a white screen is visible. Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. When in-game, the speed of the game and the music are far too slow, the text is unreadable because it appears as corrupted red blocks, and when the first conversation in the game is over, the display does not get updated, even though the game can be heard as working in the background.

Title: Wild ARMs
Comments: Trying to start this game instantly crashes the emulator after the BIOS screens are displayed.

Hi there...I've tested some hockey games for the list:

Title: NHL ’97
Format: img
CPU Speed: 800MHz
Comments: Almost perfect, maybe some slight audio sync issues in the videos.

Title: NHL ’98
Comments: Everything seems perfect, except if you select Quit from within a match, it freezes. Possible audio/video sync issues (opening movies, etc).

Title: NHL ’99
Comments: Intro videos play fine. Weird menu glitch: Menu graphics don’t change when advancing to next menu (stays at first menu graphic)...so, you can still hit buttons and choose options from the next menu (keep hitting START to get into a game), but you can’t see what you are choosing. In game hockey plays well though!

Title: NHL 2000
Comments: Audio during intro video slightly changes pitch every few seconds. All text in menus is messy and unreadable. Gameplay seems too fast, causing glitches in play-by-play commentary. In-game graphics appear normal.

Title: NHL 2001
Comments: Audio during intro video slightly changes pitch every few seconds. Graphic glitches on first screen...hitting START starts a game, but first menu image is stuck on screen, so it’s unplayble. Commentary very glitchy and skipping.

Title: NHL Blades of Steel 2000
Comments: Audio during intro video slightly changes pitch every few seconds. Gameplay appears fine, but it’s unplayably slow.

Title: NHL Breakaway ’98
Comments: Plays fairly good, although it seems like it speeds up when there are fewer players being rendered at one time.

Back